Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac

Ryan

For individuals to join HAC would be a huge mistake. The fee is $250, more than HEPAC, and for that one is not entitled to a vote.

The interests of operators and pilots and engineers oppose each other. The cost of operation is spiralling upwards. Operators cannot control the costs of insurance, fuel or parts to name a few. One thing they can control is the cost of labour. Pilots and engineers lay back and let it be done to them The results are poor wages, medieval working conditions and inhumane schedules.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the negativity around here gets depressing and drives many people to not posting because their opinions get ripped to **** just because someone else disagrees.

Some people get so disappointed they don't even visit the site, let alone post their thoughts.

That's very sad.

The negativity can hit any topic at any time it seems.

A fine example is Blackmac's earlier comments about the "ground-hogs" that are members of HAC. That is not a fact-based opinion, it is just rude. (And then Blackmac complains about being tired of the negativity ??!!!)

We will not gain respect with members of HAC (management) in our industry if we refer to them with such disdain. It's no wonder they steered away from HEPAC.

I'm not talking about being a brown-noser.

I simply treat my bosses with the respect I expect from them in return. Subsequently, I do not suffer from the "poor wages, medieval working conditions and inhumane schedules" that Sisyphus is constantly mentioning.

Some posters here are responsible for the negativity on this site, and in our industry.

Frankly I'm grateful those nabobs of negativism don't post more often !!

Another topic is showing the present shortage of experienced pilots in Canada applying for work at very good companies.

There is no reason why crews should be treated poorly these days, unless you deserve it.

Sisyphus -------I'll address only one part of your post here AND I'll speak ONLY for myself.......otherwise I don't know what I'm talking about. I am not a whore nor am I bound to any person, organization or government by an agreement to servitude. Even if I was a whore, I'm a "pricey" whore and I "lay back" and take it from no person or company. I get the wages I ask for and that I am capable of honoring. There are some things I don't do well and others that you better stay up all night if you want to compete with this "aged one". For those who "lay back" and take it, they all have their own personal reasons and believe it or not, many of those reasons are valid and they are personal. The wages aren't going down because of Yours Truly as a result, I work in "medieval working conditions" if I ALLOW people and companies to put me in those conditions or "inhumane schedules". As a result there are those companies within the industry that do not wish to see my ugly puss cross their threshold because (for example) when staying at a hotel or motel I WILL HAVE my privacy and pay for it myself if I have to (it's a deduction for me also, so I loose nothing), That's not satisfactory to some, therefore they don't get my services. Again, that's my rule and not that of others, therefore no companies have faltered and gone bankrupt because they didn't agree with MY rule....other pilots/engineers didn't either, took my place and may have even did a better job than me. There are exceptions to that rule and I've broken that rule on some occasions, but I DECIDE when I'M going to break MY rule and not someone else. There are other things that I am trained and capable of doing and when the industry cannot honor those wishes then I'll depart, saying nothing more than "times have changed and my kind are not needed nor wanted anymore".

Unfortunately, I've had my times with companies such as you mention, BUT I remained there because I CHOSE TO and they had no legal recourse to make me stay. So if I had "laid back" and ALLOWED them to "give it to me", whose fault was that?......their's, the industry's, the customer.......or maybe MINE? I know full well what the industry can command for various a/c and I have no control over that nor in many cases do the companies. If they "stick to their guns" and stay high where they should be on their rates, then they don't need my services because they don't exist. There are also dozens of pilots out there cheaper than me and lots of companies out there playing "chisel charter" to keep the doors open....and neither me nor the good companies can control that. Everyone gets exactly what they ask for anyway......you want a cheap contract.....you get cheap service. You want a pilot for $40,000/yr......then that's exactly what you get....a pilot WORTH $40,000/yr. The odd time we all get something for nothing, but seldom.....and seldom do we get to MAKE the seller give it away for nothing either....they made that choice for their own reasons.

Blackmac , if you wish to comment on other people in our industry in that manner, that's your choice. If you feel that is your "opinion", then so be it.

In my "opinion" I think it's rude, disrespectful and probably contrary to the rules around here.

And then you follow it up by complaining about too much negativity around here.

Yeah right, good one Don.