Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Safety Summit....

Guest bag swinnger

It was the first time for me and I thought it was fantastic! Out of the 11 speakers that I chose, only two and a half of them were duds. I hope to make it again next year.

Ok so you all thought was good, except one or two speakers. Rather than focus on the bad, what exactly was good and why, would be really interesting. Thanks!

Yes, those of you who went please elaborate on the positive. Some of us would like to go but haven't yet been and would like to better understand.

Here is a snippet from the TSB briefing

Accident rate holding steady (not good, should be coming down)

Risk factors leading to helicopter accidents

Pilots with less than 1000 hours

Pilots with less than 100 hours on type

Flying in marginal VFR

Controlled flight into terrain/water

Recommended countermeasures by the TSB

SMS

Imcreased knowledge of limitations, regulations, ops manuals.

The TSB intend to apply more pressure to TC to implement SMS, but in the end they can only recommend.

By the way, all this information is available on the TSB website and please don't shoot the messenger.