Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Nasa: 2005 Could Be Warmest Year Recorded

Skidz

"One needs a comprehensive understanding of chemistry, physics, calculus, statistics, biology, history, ecology, psychology, and economics to even begin to make sense of where the planet is heading"

no, you don't. it's obvious to those who understand.................

"Those who exhort fires to burn are rather sad. One does not hear of doctors wishing for illness or lawyers crime so they can profit."

yes, you do. it's obvious to those who listen..................

:P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One does not hear of doctors wishing for illness or lawyers crime so they can profit.

Are you shiiting me!!!!??? Don't you own a television??? What do you think all the injury lawyers are wishing for, that there never be another accident so they can become out of work??? You're just kidding right?! :down:

Perhaps sissypuss there is a difference in wanting it to be warm and your services utilized to guard these forests and homes and being a pyromaniac. I honestly doubt that many helicopter pilots have ever started a fire on purpose(accidents happen eh Joe). Personnaly would rather sit standby and fight the odd ia fire than to work big campaign fires all summer, but there are a lot of younger eager folks wanting to build their hours. So kind of have to let them have have their rein and give her ****.

If global warming is actually happening then wouldn't it be prudent to have some men and women who are proficient and love to do what they do? I have worked a few fires where it was obvious that the goal was NOT to put out the fire, moral and interest was in the dumpster I tell you. I would rather have some eager young folks in my backyard putting out a fire than some slacker putting in time to collect ei next fall and whining about the gov't while being a so-called professional firefighter.

Since this forum is for people who do like their job, would have to say that it is a thread mearly to put thoughts together as our season is approaching, and not a task force to deal with global warning. Sometimes opinions are crude but alas we all have them. Mine, is fight fires with all you have where resouces or property are in jeapardy, let em burn where not, and deal with what is dealt.

Lawyers not wanting crime, ha. If such passivity and naivity is your opinion then let the sharks swim in swimming pools then, and see who gets eaten.

sc

Reality, fires start whether it be man or nature. Reality helicopters are usually needed to put out fires.

Keep in mind that an area that might seem ridiculous to action a fire might have reasons that are not apparent. Cabins, resource facilities in it's path.

When people say to me that it's wrong to hope for a good fire season I say that's how I make a living and that its no different than a farmer wanting the sun and rain at the right times, a person at a mill wanting a yard full of logs. etc.

Get the point....

You're one of a kind sisyphus, you're the drive by shooter of the forum world.

That's true Maggie but you have to admit that he does start some very interesting conversations (most of which I disagree with but alas) as he shoots and drives by!

Those kinds of exchanges are sorely needed on this forum to counteract some of the mindless drible that often comes accross the screen.

I am reminded of the doctor who got caught recently watering down chemotherapy drugs...

Maggie...re read your last post and think of a world where everyone feels as you do...maybe that is part of the problem...not agreeing with Sissypus, but we can all do a little, as the esteemed Mr Mercer reminds us...

Those kinds of exchanges are sorely needed on this forum to counteract some of the mindless drible that often comes accross the screen.

Are YOU talking 'bout ME, jetbox? :) (just kidding). BTW, it's "mindless drivel."

As in, "I'm running away with my mindless drivel" now. :up: )