Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmet Ear Buds

They're called CEP. You can get them here:

http://www.cep-usa.com/

Ben and Barbara Mozo are really nice folks. If you have any issues with their product they'll go out of their way to help you out. Have them installed by a professional avionics shop. When you buy the kit, they'll send you detailed installation instructions that any decent avionics tech will understand. If you have ANR, keep in mind that the CEP will bypass it, so while you'll have better overall noise suppression than with ANR, your comms won't be quite as crystal clear. I use them when I'm working doors off, which tends to make the ANR warble in my ears.

After a couple minutes you won't even know they are there. I can't fly without them now. I have never had good luck with ANR, it does warble with the doors off and I find it fatiguing on the ears - feeling like after being at a loud concert. Having used both I find cep's quieter with the com's (and music) louder!

Have used ceps and work great. But finicky silly plug got destroyed by sausage fingers and is now is useless. HGU84 is quiet enough in astar, although doors off stuff the ceps were perfect. Had oregon aero hush kit in till frozen ear pads bugged me too much, back to original settings and happier. The old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same" is coming to mind.

• Like 1

I can only agree with the statements above. I have been using the CEP for over 2 years now and could not fly without it.

I have to say the original cable is VERY finicky and broke after just 4 months. I found great replacement for it! Military grade wires with custom molded ear pieces. Check out westone.com

• Like 1