Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heli Politics?

Well, not many people like to speak of who to vote for, I understand that.

I just was wondering if anyone has a clear idea of which party is best for our industry. I've heard a lot about NDP being the plague on our industry, but with all the talk about 'association's', there must be some who have an opposite opinion.

Are we not driven by oil and gas, forestry, environmental, infrastructure, and mineral exploration? I haven't seen any clear explanation of the advantages of one party or another to benefit the future of helicopter flight.

I think Thomas Mulcair with his stance on shutting down the oil sands and having no national pipelines would be good for industry and the general economy..

Perhaps Justin Trudeau with his background as a music teacher and ski instructor would great too. Maybe more Heli skiing jobs and perhaps we could tie music in the classroom with future helicopter jobs......

• Like 1

When did the writ drop? I thought I missed something Being as the BC election was on the 14th. As for Helicopter flight Pilots are about to be replaced by computers so if you want to survive in the aviation industry you had better learn how to fix stuff instead of busting stuff.

• Like 1