Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

W & B Spread Sheet For B206B & L-3

Guest Parker

Guest Parker
Hi Vertical readers,
I was looking for and wondering if anyone had any excel (or other) based weight and balance calculating tables with attached graphs for longitudinal and lateral C of G for the Bell 206B and L-3. I need to put sheets for weight and balance with different loading configurations in the machines including calculations for left skid hover exit (both) and cargo basket (L-3 only).
Thanks,

Parker.

Guest Parker

Thanks for the post, there are some nice general programs in there but I was looking for something that included the cargo basket and a left skid station for hover exit.

Thanks,

Parker.

Guest Parker

Very tempting tin lizzie but I am not in a position to offer a job but maybe i can put in a good word. It's because i am low on the totem pole that i am doing this paper work.

Parker.

Ah well, worth a shot. Well, if you want to score some brownie points and make life easier (less paperwork) for your company: http://seegeesolutions.com

Terry's awesome - if he doesn't have your calculator he will create one from the information you supply from the aircraft flight/mtc. manuals. Cargo basket/skid lateral arm can be calculated using a tape measure if you can't find it in the various manuals/STC. When the aircraft is re-weighed or adjustment made to W & B, you just calculate a new index for the specific aircraft. No computer/ electricity required - you can carry it in the aircraft (just don't leave it in the sun... lol).

As an aside, I just had a look at Phil's file for the 206B3 - the file is not password protected - and even if it was you can get rid of it easily enough... ;) You can insert your own line for hover exit - just need the lateral arm for the appropriate skid. You can make your own file for the 206L3 - just modify the appropriate cells with information from the current L3 manuals. And then you should shade the cells used for user data entry, and lock the rest to prevent people like me from tampering with it... ;)

Oh yes, one final and very important note. When using someone else's material, double-check ALL the numbers, and formulas - test EVERYTHING several times. When using your own material, double-check ALL the numbers, and formulas - test EVERYTHING several times. B)

• Like 1