Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ornge Helicopter Down, 4 Souls Lost! :(

Nice to see such an ethnically diverse group of people dealing with this issue.

Interesting to hear the inspector mentioning that TC does not keep track of the number of infractions. Perhaps this is so that its effectiveness in general (pre SMS) can not be compared to the old system...

I don't think i have ever heard the word robust used so much.
I wonder if anything will come of it or if it's just political grandstanding?
Thanks for posting Freewheel,

W.

Mr. Klees tells Mr. Lemieux to quit beating around the bush (about ornge pilots being grounded); I am surprised he didn't respond: "you are just playing games, what I am saying is clear and not easy to misunderstand". That's generally the way he responds to me LOL.

As HV stated in another forum, a typical conversation between a stakeholder and TC usually goes a lot like this:

These communications issues (and lack of accountability from the regulator) are the biggest safety concerns in aviation. The lack of TCAS or TAWs didn't cause this accident. We may never know what did. It's quite likely that it will be pinned on the pilots as pilot error in the end. Fact is it's likely the result of organizational issues. In human factors relate accidents, you need to look past the human factors and examine the organizational issues that lead to the human factors in the first place.

Everyone knew Ornge was full if organizational issues (except TC and the government of Ontario who are responsible for oversight). What does that tell you?

Methinks someone was unhappy with this posting. The video is now private and can't be viewed on this forum... <_<

Now there is democracy at work for you...

A video of the Legislative Assemble Committe for PUBLIC accounts is Private.

If I am not mistaken it was Frank Klees MPP Newmarket Araura who had posted it on Youtube.

What happened to the transparency I heard the committee discussing?

Yes the link still works. I watched for the first hour then decided I have better things to do tonight. All I see is TC want to wash their hands and let operators to self regulate..My one concern of this report was at 0:36:18 was that SMS rules did not apply to Ornge.

• 2 weeks later...

More "Reactive" Findings from Transport Canada (and HRSDC). ORNGE ENDANGERED HELICOPTER PILOTS, REPORT SAYS

9 findings were made on their last PVI (3 critical) and now this.

Where was TC before this accident occured?

Check who the inspector is. Apparently she is a Cabin Safety Inspector and Federal Health and Safety Inspector...her name and points of view have been posted on other forums before ( I hope she's got it right)

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2013/11/18/ornge_endangered_helicopter_pilots_safety_board_says.html

• 6 months later...