First Aviation Document Booklets Expiring This Fall

As I was going through my recurrent training the ACP pointed out that I will need to renew my license early next year and I thought I would post the observation here since, had he not pointed it out, I would likely have been in trouble next year. I suspect that most will be in the same boat next year as well. Safe flying season to all!

R

• Like 1

I think he's referring to the aviation document booklet. It's like a passport. You need to have pictures taken, complete the forms, etc. etc. They're valid for five years, and TC started issuing them near the end of 2008, so the first lot to expire will be next fall.

Here's what TC says:

Renewal of the Aviation Document Booklet (ADB)

To obtain an ADB or to renew an expiring ADB, applicants are required to submit a completed "Application for an Aviation Document Booklet" form (TP 26-0726) and a passport style photograph to the TCCA regional office that holds their pilot licensing file.

Transport Canada Civil Aviation regional offices will be accepting applications for ADB renewal 90 days prior to the expiry date. Holders are encouraged to submit the "Application for Aviation Document Booklet" form no later than the prescribed period, to prevent delays.

Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) require that someone, other than the applicant, attests to the applicant’s identity and verifies the photograph as a true likeness of the applicant.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/general-personnel-changes-3419.htm

• Like 1

Just noticed mine will expire Jan 1, 2014, emailed TC to find out where the forms are, thx for this update and the links.

SOB

Somewhere in Africa

Mine also expires Jan 1st 2014. That means you and I need to send the forms in October 1st to avoid delays. I imagine that a fairly large chunk of the pilot population (not just helicopters, but everything, private and commercial, like airplanes, hot air balloons, ultra-lights, etc.) that were licence holders in the fall of 2008 will be in the same boat. Thats a LOT of licences to renew in a fairly short period of time... :mellow:

I got the downloadable PDF of the application and it says in one of the boxes "The verifier can be one person from the following list" and then it goes on to list NOTHING. Anyone have any ideas what that list could be or where it resides?

Mine is due on Feb 2014...

Thanks.

Whitestone.

Mine also expires Jan 1st 2014. That means you and I need to send the forms in October 1st to avoid delays. I imagine that a fairly large chunk of the pilot population (not just helicopters, but everything, private and commercial, like airplanes, hot air balloons, ultra-lights, etc.) that were licence holders in the fall of 2008 will be in the same boat. Thats a LOT of licences to renew in a fairly short period of time... :mellow:

I can just imagine that they will be swamped! Wonder if someone thought of staggering the renewals by region, user group or alphabetically? Well one thing for sure, let's get all the hot air balloon guys to the top of the pile! ha ha ha.

I hope the process goes smoothly for everyone,

W.

I got the downloadable PDF of the application and it says in one of the boxes "The verifier can be one person from the following list" and then it goes on to list NOTHING. Anyone have any ideas what that list could be or where it resides?

Mine is due on Feb 2014...

Thanks.

Whitestone.

You need to update your Adobe Reader. Here's the list:

tc1.png

tc2.png