Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Roho Seat Cushions (Astar)

@Wheatbix

I guess what I refer to as dual cell is a valve you can lock or unlock and allows air to move freely from one side to the other, so when you leen out of a medium or left hand drive Astar it supports your rear much better(and yes I am French!!!) and your spine alignment will thank you later down the road... It helps out a lot with comfort and body placement wich all helps reduce fatigue on long external load days!

• Like 7

I used at 16.75"x16.75" 2" low profile quadro (4 balanced cell) ROHO in the AStar (high energy seats) along with a Obus Form (medium) office style backrest from Shopper Drugmart.

Works WONDERS!!! Also good for long haul overseas flights. Sitting in the machine 6-8 hours a day requires good support. This is something manufacturers seem to ignore when building 2-15 million dollar machines. Right now I'm on sim for the AW139 and the terrible seat is very distracting.

I bought my low profile Quadro Select cushion on ebay for ~225 USD

O.

• Like 1

So what's the deal ? Is it ok to switch the seat cushion for a non-aviation approved replacement ?

Although it's common industry practice, if it's not in the IPC and doesn't come with an STC recognized by Transport Canada, you can't use it. Seat cushions are an aircraft part the same as a main rotor blade or any other.

• Like 1

I have one I never use anymore if someone wants it... was awesome for drilling and such... It is a little big for an Astar bucket but worked and is perfect for a Medium or Heavy... May as well get some use out of it...

HV

I bought mine by finding a Canadian dealer and gave him the model number. It was a motorcycle shop in Kamloops if i remember correctly. I bought the aviation seat and love it although i don't use it in the Astar because the original seat works well for me. I do love it for the long hauls to and from South America in cattle class though and it's perfect for the plastic lawn chairs that we have in our tents....

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Buyer beware........ I wouldn't recommend dealing with Express Medical Supply inc.

Bought a cushion from them. It leaked very bad from around the valve from day one. To the point you couldn't sit on it for more then 30 minutes without it deflating. Contacted them right away and the trouble started. They weren't helpful at all and basically said to contact Roho directly. They weren't able to help me either since the cushion that was sold to me was manufactured over three years prior and the warantee is only good for three years.

So it appears as though Express Medical sold me a cushion that had been sitting on a shelf or had likely been returned already and reconditioned.