Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Bell Light Single?

It would be nice to know who all those industry stakeholders were they consulted with when they designed this sleek looking Jetranger? Guess we will never know, maybe it's just a sales pitch. "Designed to industry specifications, tailored to your needs, bla, bla, bla..." What we really need Bell, is a miniature 205 for the utility market, simple! But is the utility market large enough to justify a dedicated machine and who will be able to pay the price for that in any case? So what we get is another exec transportation machine that we have to adapt to our specific needs.

Have to agree that those tiny back windows look dismal for any sort of survey work. Even if there were some after marked mini bubble window you would have to hire a midget to be able to get his head into it. Team New and Improved Jetranger! A five foot four pilot and three what are they calling them these days, Little People for observers. You could have a whole separate department, small furniture, little doorways that exclude tall people etc... Build it and they will come. Where are they? Hmmmm.... oh, down there! LOL

Cheers,

W.

It already is for an Astar (interesting toe-ins I mean)... I always tell guys when the mirror touches first that's as steep as you can take... The SLS is pretty much there... I am on the advisory council for it although I cannot claim to have had much input. Flat floor, wide body, two blades (for easy hangaring - notwithstanding the benefits of multi blades), big derating on engine were all factors... Looks great on paper

HV

Let me guess, An Astar driver?

Bell at the moment actually, but one with head room.

Like the flat floor H_V ! Maybe they can build one for the north that is Polar Bear proof? Those creatures give me sleepless nights but about the only thing i have to worry about these days is a caribou stampede, or maybe a Wolf or a Black Bear.

I hope everyone has a great summer and be safe out there!

W.

That is a good point regarding "little people" because as a tall person(over 6 feet) I find it very difficult to sit is a jet ranger for any length of time. I have found the all ECL product is far more accommodating. As a result I am classified as an A-Star pilot however I have zero issues with any manufacturer if the product is sound and most are for their respective tasks. I have a preference for eurocopter solely because I actually fit in them. I look forward to see what type of airframe they are going to produce and I'm quite impressed that the are going with an arius engine.

Best wishes for all this summer season,

R