Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmets.....

Do many of you wear sun glasses with your helmet? I have a great pair of Serengetis but when I try them with the HGU-56, the arms break the seal on the ear cups. The resulting noise filling the helmet is deafening so I just use the visors, which is still fine by me. I find a better field of view with visors anyways.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexual Chocolate,

Can't help ya with the Gallet thing. I know Van Isle used to sell them... Try a google search. It should turn up some info.

The Alpha starts at about $1130.00 and can get up over $2000 with all the bells and whistles such as ANR etc.

I've had the SPH-5, the HGU-55, and now wear the HGU-84. This is by far the nicest helmet for longline work that i've worn. I found that the plastic visor cover on the SPH series helmet just gets in the way. You end up smacking the visor adjustment knob on almost every part of the door trying to get into the bubble. I guess it really depends on the type of work you want to do in the industry.With the light and compact design of the HGU-55 and HGU-84 its no problem spending 8 hours in the bubble.

ps. the design of the HGU-56 looks too much like a storm trooper lid from a star wars movie. :down:

VX

Hey 4961 or is it 4169?

Get out of that crap hole yet? I guess i can't say much about the 8 hour thing, not when you were hogging all the 8s! Lets rephrase that. You could probably spend 8 hours in the bubble with the said lid. Hows that? Anyways, you probably have better weather up in canada than i'm having right now. Nasty snow storm down here today-no flying.Keep that steem chicken doing 8s and you'll be a pro in no time at all, **** you'll even make the Big Giant Head look silly.

VX

Hey 4961 or is it 4169?

Get out of that crap hole yet? I guess i can't say much about the 8 hour thing, not when you were hogging all the 8s! Lets rephrase that. You could probably spend 8 hours in the bubble with the said lid. Hows that? Anyways, you probably have better weather up in canada than i'm having right now. Nasty snow storm down here today-no flying.Keep that steem chicken doing 8s and you'll be a pro in no time at all, **** you'll even make the Big Giant Head look silly.

VX

Ya I got out yesterday, what a show. The mud whole got worse if you can believe it.

Just pulling your chain by the way about the eights.

At the end of the day, it's picking stuff up and putting it down, but still I'm a humbled man.

11 200 :blink:

Hey 4961 (A.K.A 11 200) How's the drillin' goin?? heard you're flying lots, hope you're enjoying it.... things are about the same here at the lodge, lots of sunshine and not much snow!!! I'll save an orange whip for ya... see ya soon.

Donkey

Donkey!!

Drilling was good, careful what you wish for.

See you Friday. Shopping list???

Ice Racer.

• 1 month later...