Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Nav Canada Vfr Vnc Charts Finally Available In Electronic Format !

I wonder how many people know that during Operation Maple Flag this year there was a "GPS Interference Exercise" that was centred on CFB Cold Lake. Loss of GPS signal could be experienced for several hours on June 11 to 14, out to 60 nm and out to 160 nm at 39,000 feet MSL. The NOTAM went out a few days beforehand.

Better keep those maps handy. Never know when you might lose your GPS signal - one way or another.

• Like 8

Why not have some more regs .... and while we're at it let's have some new regs about access to toilets and all kinds of other dumb stuff.

Maybe we need some new COMMON SENSE!!!!

Yup, I couldn't agree more. One thing that isn't so common anymore is COMMON SENSE!

• Like 2

I wonder how many people know that during Operation Maple Flag this year there was a "GPS Interference Exercise" that was centred on CFB Cold Lake. Loss of GPS signal could be experienced for several hours on June 11 to 14, out to 60 nm and out to 160 nm at 39,000 feet MSL. The NOTAM went out a few days beforehand.

Better keep those maps handy. Never know when you might lose your GPS signal - one way or another

I agree hardy har har with you. Also, I want to say, it's awesome that someone actually has a usable VNC chart for the smart phone, however, I can't measure knuckle to knuckle on my Sam Gal 4, but I won't complain.

Actually, I probably won't use it, however I will hat's off to the genius who came up with it.

Where I am in China, I find that they treat GPS accuracy the same as assisted living home lawn care providers do their charges, with a distracted smattering of intermittent coverage as best protects them from any consequence.

Also, I maybe can't follow a straight line, but still, I think I like the idea of having a map to carry with me if I have to hoof it.

And still, it's amazing that someone is genius enough not only to put VNC to digital readily available downloads, but also to navigate the unimaginable force that must have been against them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...