Happy to say that I have always had decent accommodations and been well fed. Nobody has tried to make me stay where I didn't want to ...

Sorry for all of you that don't get what you deserve ...

There has never been any problems getting you to stay at the bar... and you were always well fed in jail :lol:

its been a long time since I have had to double up in Hotel rooms. Mining tent camps are a different thing. The last mining camp I ended up in they wanted the air crew to share a tent with the camp flunkies. When I said no problem when they wanted the heli call my cell phone and I would gladly Fly 1.9 hours to camp to help them out. The geo said well he could just get another crew no problem. He called and I answered standing near him in the parking lot. When I explained to him I was willing to share accomodations with my engineer and no one else due to Transport regs he agreed. PS he never got it that i was standing 50 feet away accross the tarmack it was great to be king.

• Like 2

I've had to stay in a few crumpy accoms, but it didn't go unnoticed by the Base Manager. But she was a good sort! When ever work is thin on the ground, it seems some companies will do what ever it takes to maintain their rigid profit margin. Reduced mins for example, favouring crews that will "rough it" without bitching to look good in the eyes of the customer and so on. When a company asks a pilot to jump, they jump if they want to go fly. I get paid significantly less now than I did five years ago yet the dry rate for hire (thus eliminating the increase in fuel costs) has remained constant. I think that is a good reflection on how things are going in this industry.

You are PIC. What you are comfortable with is for all tense and purposes the law. And don't forget your engineer if you have one.

Keep it simple. Even while Heli-logging on the ground I had 3 simple rules. 1) clean bed 2) as much good food as I wanted 3) pay cheque on time...no excuses. I use the same with all my customers if it comes to a field debate. Obviously you are going to have a few misses here and there but all you have to do is walk if things are truly interfering with your abiity

to work.

This line works very well with SRD as well. Just be nice about it. Did just the same thing last year when trying to double up engineers on different maintenance schedules right on the flight line at 30+ C. I just said no, played the safety card and walked away. I did offer to find them some trailers within 5 min, if they were having issues though ;-)

• Like 1

You are PIC. What you are comfortable with is for all tense and purposes the law. And don't forget your engineer if you have one.

Keep it simple. Even while Heli-logging on the ground I had 3 simple rules. 1) clean bed 2) as much good food as I wanted 3) pay cheque on time...no excuses. I use the same with all my customers if it comes to a field debate. Obviously you are going to have a few misses here and there but all you have to do is walk if things are truly interfering with your abiity

to work.

This line works very well with SRD as well. Just be nice about it. Did just the same thing last year when trying to double up engineers on different maintenance schedules right on the flight line at 30+ C. I just said no, played the safety card and walked away. I did offer to find them some trailers within 5 min, if they were having issues though ;-)

What ZAZU said .... I promise I did not coach him but I am so proud of his answer!!!