Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Please Mr Moderator

I have noticed abuse of the general helicopter operations forum format lately. It seems some posters have been taking liberties in their desparate need to find crew. Almost like politicains who throw their shingle on every front lawn we now have people doing the same thing in their hour of need. I can hardly wait for them to be on street corners shaking hands and kissing babies.

• Like 8

Abuse?

Wow, big deal, a few posts end up in the wrong forum because not everybody in the industry is an internet wizard posting here every day. I hardly think it qualifies as abuse. As a pilot I would think it's great that operators can do forum posts for job openings, nobody responds to the catch-all banner ads and as a pilot looking for work it's great to know who's looking and what they want.

If it takes 3 minutes for the moderator to move the post to a more appropriate forum - well, that's what they're for, after all and if they feel they're being wronged they're of course free to speak up.

Get back to work already.

• Like 1

I have noticed abuse of the general helicopter operations forum format lately. It seems some posters have been taking liberties in their desparate need to find crew. Almost like politicains who throw their shingle on every front lawn we now have people doing the same thing in their hour of need. I can hardly wait for them to be on street corners shaking hands and kissing babies.

Ha Ha, Maybe its a good thing Freddie! It's better than your employer telling you there are lots of qualified pilots to fill our spots.

Bring it on, maybe they will offer some cash bonuses too.

Gimme a break. We have enough problems with people slinging sh!t at one another. I hope you're being tongue in cheek here.

Personally, as a pilot who's hardly flown at all this season 'cause his employer has just about zero contracts this year, I more than welcome operators posting job ads here. I'd much rather be out flying than collecting EI and babysitting these forums. And yes, when they put them in the wrong forum I happily move them to Employment where they belong... B)

• Like 3