Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206L3/l4 Heater

nuthin

Looking for any ways to augment the heater in the L4 I fly before winter arrives.

Currently I have the Dart heater kit. I have asked our engineers about adding a 206B type blower fan

to help with the demisting. Has anyone done this?

I really want to avoid a KC heater as I dont want the added weight.

Right now the current heater is good for only the front seats. All the heat/volume is taken from the rear vents and used in the demister and front vents.

It leaves the rear windows fogged/frozen up.

I noticed we had the same issue in the c20R 206. Im guessing the larger compressors move plenty of air but it is lower in temperature?

Any ideas appreciated.

• Like 3

We installed that particular heater in an L3 a number of years ago. The heat was channelled through the air passage in the rear overhead plastic trim. It was hot enough that the rear overhead trim melted. The field guys had to replace the trim and came up with a field fix for that.

We installed that particular heater in an L3 a number of years ago. The heat was channelled through the air passage in the rear overhead plastic trim. It was hot enough that the rear overhead trim melted. The field guys had to replace the trim and came up with a field fix for that.

Sounds like the ticket. Where was that aircraft operating? Was it -35C OATand still melting trim?

Thanks for the input everyone.

The L3 I fly had the Paravion Heater in it, once it got to -20 it was like flying an ice cube all the windows start to freeze over,putting on the demister only makes the problem worse by cutting how much air comes out the floor vents,We put in the dart system same problem, Lots of hot air and you can melt the over head panal in the back till it drips on your passangers but everything will still freeze up,Piss poor design trying to run heat through plastic panels,you need metal ducting so you get good clean air flow out to the vents and into the cabin instead of trapped up in your trim. The only way to try and keep the windows clear is keep your floor heat on full defrost fans on front vents cracked open and if you pick up wet passangers you will still fog up and freeze up at -20 they are not a cold weather machine with the heat systems avalible.