Carry-On Baggage Requirements

Thank you flingwinger! Now that's what I am talking about! Open and clear discussion.

With all the time I have dealt with this issue; I have never considered how to be compliant in that scenario.

Funny thing is, i just strobed a Bell 206 longranger last week! The test flight also entails an Autoration RPM check in some cases I believe...

Should I report myself to enforcement?

Oh and another argument for the fire, by following every word of this reg, it's impossible to track and balance your aircraft legally. Where do you put the box, strobex on the lap? Chadwick vxp laptop? Etc etc

..... and if you track some mud onto the floor .... do you have to secure that and account for it in the weight and balance?

• Like 1

I was going to post the track and balance scenario, but thought better of it thinking there must be some kind of exemptions for maintenance flights. I have in the past smoothed a rotor on an R22 with a Chadwick which does not support a 12 volt system . So I was in the A/C with a 24 volt battery between my feet, the DAU on my lap and the strobe in my hand. By the letter of the law i should have stuffed it all under the seat (stowed). It is however a little dangerous to try and get that equipment out in flight.

I took a dog on board the other day. Is that allowed or do they have to go in the basket now too? If so, what about 'professional dogs' like avalanche dogs or SAR dogs? On that note, I heard a story once about a dog that was not manageable enough to go inside the machine... long story short, dogs in baskets make for very very dirty tail booms

• Like 1

I took a dog on board the other day. Is that allowed or do they have to go in the basket now too? If so, what about 'professional dogs' like avalanche dogs or SAR dogs? On that note, I heard a story once about a dog that was not manageable enough to go inside the machine... long story short, dogs in baskets make for very very dirty tail booms

I bet it smelled an awful lot like the CARs 602.86 interpretation being offered by TC...did he clean up the mess? Or did he just try to ignore it...

• Like 1

Flingwinger, great example.

Dear Mr. Freewheel,

Good job.

I have read all of this post tonight and have been in awe.

At times, I can sort of hear the crack in your ice, but you're holding up. I hope you can remember that no matter what comes out of the future actions of the flawed interpretation by the individuals in Transport, who I PROMISE YOU are not happy with this attention, and will be much LESS happy with the further attention that they will now face, regardless of what they can or cannot do to intimidate, or subjugate your brilliant efforts, ego and misunderstanding flawed this process, and now the situation will be resolved, and when it is resolved, thank you.

If there is anyway that we can help support your efforts please tell us.

Enforcement; the act of compelling observance of or compliance with a law, rule, or obligation

Before our government can possibly serve such to anyone, as pasted above, they must define its meaning.

It is clear, there is a serious misunderstanding here, due to ego, I have read and re-read the portions of the emails, I find that there are obviously emails not posted I would like to read.

Under staffing and overworked, well, our industry.

It has clearly crooked Mr. Lewis, who I don't know, and don't care to, and wouldn't elect.

Continue to 'maintain the modicum of propriety' you have kept, they have bureaucracy, the equal and opposite of what you seek. Transport Canada's employees are only people. They have erred in their responsibility. The staff will come to attention.

Heads will roll. Keep yours!

Mr. Lewis, give yours a shake.

Best Regards,

Joel

• Like 1

Hey Flingwinger,

Since this topic has been far too professional by far, may I say, that in answer to your query about how to secure the cargo of the strobe gear, that the forward passenger in a balance check, wear zip ties to secure the loose cargo to his person.

However, let's have a ramp check to ensure that they aren't loose enough to allow the blood flow from his heart to his fingertips.

Engineers have suffered, why not suffer longer? :)