Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Pilot Survives Png Crash

N1

Cant get the link to open winnie. But to my knowledge the only machine that has lost m/r blade inflight and people survive is multibladed ones such as 500. Would tend to agree the longdog san blade becomes very excentric(sp) machine, ha ha. (and non surviving as well)

sc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and good day.

Sorry to blow your bubble but the 500 in the safty poster did not loose those two blades.They were the first two to contact the water and broke off.The splash down was the result of an engine going ka put.

Never did like single engine over water,even by myself and no pax.

Be safe out there Mini............

C-FDTN tossed the green blade in dec of '97 (occurance report A97W0254) and the driver survived... the report says it failed and separated because of chord-wise cracking outboard of the lower attachment fitting...

was slinging bags and was just entering the hover approx 100ft AGL... violent cyclic vibration and pitch down of the nose...

regardless, tossing a blade, whether survivable or not, just will ruin anyone's day... :(

T-Rex ------ you are exactly correct. Eons ago (early 70's/206B's) when they first had the problems with the "pins and fittings" on the M/R blades, one of the first three a/c to have that problem threw a M/R blade, with a full complement of pax onboard and went down approximately 5 miles in front of me.........nose up quickly, immediate steep bank to a steep nose-down attitude and............ Location: 1/2 way between Sept-Iles and Oreway on the QNS&L Railway line.

Can anyone out there tell me if David Chinn is related to a Moe Chinn at all?