Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Headset Jack Impedance

SkyPilot

A typical "nato-style" headset jack is simply a four contact connector, 2 for the mic and 2 for the phones. The voltage output and impedance is set by the audio controller. A typical audio controller found in these a/c will require a mic 250mv into 150 ohm min. (david clark m1/dc,m3,m4,m7 is recommended) and have an audio output of 250mw into 600 ohm.

May I ask what type of project you are working on? There is much more to intercomm systems and headsets, I may be able to point you in the right direction with some more info.

A typical "nato-style" headset jack is simply a four contact connector, 2 for the mic and 2 for the phones. The voltage output and impedance is set by the audio controller. A typical audio controller found in these a/c will require a mic 250mv into 150 ohm min. (david clark m1/dc,m3,m4,m7 is recommended) and have an audio output of 250mw into 600 ohm.

May I ask what type of project you are working on? There is much more to intercomm systems and headsets, I may be able to point you in the right direction with some more info.

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but Heliian, you sound like you know what's going on in the headset department. I've got the new Light Speed II headset but find the phone communication (Blue-Tooth) sucks as compared to my original Lightspeed. I can hear people, but they have a hard time hearing me. This is in a Bell 407. Any ideas? I did call Zulu a while back and they had me flick some DIP switches. Still not the best. Any pointers? Thanks.