Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Skyline Rumour

putz

Skidz,please stay on topic!! This thread is titled Skyline Rumours. By posting links to actual facts from the party concerned, you have devalued several pages of gossip, speculation and conjecture. Without that, we don't have much left!! Next rumour please. He He.

doh-homer-simpson-doh.jpg

• Like 1

Non-compete???

Do you really think DA/GSH is upset/worried/threatened by Jeff's move to Skyline?

Maybe he is just taking a good look at the company before DA comes in with a sweet offer.

Don't laugh.....look what happened just next door.

This is not the first case of management moving from freezing Yellowknife to the sunny Okanagan.

Pure speculation on my part...however, 1)we love that stuff here, 2)looking at DA's record, and 3)the mass consolidation in our industry lately...anything's possible.

Howzat for a Skyline rumour???

• Like 1

Non-compete??? Do you really think DA/GSH is upset/worried/threatened by Jeff's move to Skyline? Maybe he is just taking a good look at the company before DA comes in with a sweet offer. Don't laugh.....look what happened just next door. This is not the first case of management moving from freezing Yellowknife to the sunny Okanagan. Pure speculation on my part...however, 1)we love that stuff here, 2)looking at DA's record, and 3)the mass consolidation in our industry lately...anything's possible. Howzat for a Skyline rumour???

Oh my god why didn't i think of this. Obviously DA asked the President of a 60 plus helicopter company that they are probably paying in excess of $250,000.00 a year to step down and go look at a company with 5 helicopters so they can take them out. BRILLIANT. Any person that was in a senior position like Jeff can hurt the company they left. I am sure he knows and has met every client and suppler, as he would also know the pricing structure to everything they have done since he has been president.

Look at who was running NAS when DA bought them, and where those guys were a few years earlier.

Having good managers work for you (or one of your divisions) in a town they like, rather than quit and become a rival, sounds like an excellent non-compete strategy.

This rumour is just a wild thought I had....but I am sure DA/GSH/NAS and all their other divisions will continue to shake-up our industry.....with or without Skyline. Keep looking.

Look at who was running NAS when DA bought them, and where those guys were a few years earlier. Having good managers work for you (or one of your divisions) in a town they like, rather than quit and become a rival, sounds like an excellent non-compete strategy. This rumour is just a wild thought I had....but I am sure DA/GSH/NAS and all their other divisions will continue to shake-up our industry.....with or without Skyline. Keep looking.

When this individual left it because he just wanted to move to Kelowna. If he left from the (Rumour) i Heard i am not sure he was jumping for joy when the purchase by DA was announced. He left because he didn't want to work there anymore. When he moved to Kelowna it wasn't to manage NAS. I believe he spent at least one season flying a 206L series helicopter as a line pilot.

Regardless i am done with this post.