Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

My two cents:

As commercial pilots I believe a majority of our community see the issues with this stunt.

Lets admit it, we have all done stupid things but we have since grown up and now see how these stunts can become tragic very fast. Perhaps that is the difference between professionals and "weekend warriors".

Below is a paragrpah that lives in our training documents. Some of you may have seen this before.

"When people successfully perform a risky act, they often change their view about the personal risk involved. They may discount the risk and come to believe that the activity is not risky, or they may develop a sense of their own invulnerability. The more often they are successful at the dangerous act, the more likely they are to believe that, although the practice may be dangerous in a general sense, nothing bad will happen to them. This behavior eventually leads to a vicious circle. Now the odds of an accident happening are actually increasing as the subjective evaluation of personal risk decreases".

I hope he has the good sense to learn after this.....but I doubt it!

• Like 3