Abs/avalanch Packs

Sorry , Freewheel if I came off the wrong way.

I fully expect TC to have the same regs. for everyone.

A purse in the cabin?

You may have a person with a grudge somewhere.

A public servant with a grudge??? That doesn't happen does it? Lol

Maybe I'll have to call the "Integrity Commissioner" Mario Dionne...apparently TC has had some issues with integrity lately, so you might not be too far off..

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/12/23/transport-canada-inspector-falsified-safety-reports-but-details-under-wraps/

I have. in the basket. not really a big deal - they open like lifejackets, not like your car's airbags. usually it's right as they're loading, and the basket's open anyways. if not the basket often rips 'em open anyways. as to in the cabin, they're the same UN number as lifejackets... they're the same co2 charge. but I like 'em outside, the noise of one going off is scary in flight, and they're better stowed in the basket too.

TDG Under Avalanche Backpacks, The bottles needs to meet a UN# weight and pressure, Can be part of checked/Carry on baggage, if Approved by operator.

There is the answer.

and: The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally activated. The airbags within the backpack must be fitted with pressure relief valves;

From Transport Canada link on page 1:

Avalanche rescue backpack: With the approval of the airline(s), passengers may bring one avalanche rescue backpack per person equipped with a pyrotechnic trigger mechanism containing not more than 200 mg net of Division 1.4S and a cylinder of compressed gas of Division 2.2 not exceeding 250 mL. The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally activated. The airbags within the backpack must be fitted with pressure relief valves;