Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Transport Canada Waiting Times For Endorsements.

Just wondering if anyone has had to wait a looooong time to receive an endorsement back from TC. Got my 206 endorsement (yaaa!) and sent in all the appropriate paperwork to my local TC office (Whitehorse). They sent it to the main northern/prairies office in Winnipeg. That was in mid November. Still haven't received anything in the mail yet. Tried calling them but just get an answering machine. Super annoying!

• Like 5

sounds like when I got my 407 endorsement,I went into TC office in WPG and thats when the fun started,and it was like they never heard of a 407 or Bell Helicopters or could care less and that was the least of the problems.....keep calling them is all I can say!

They may also be swamped with everyone renewing their aviation document booklets.

PS - if you haven't checked the expiry date on yours, best get on it!! You turn into a pumpkin if that bad boy expires and you haven't gotten an extension from TC.

Maybe they want to cross check your reported "flight times" on type against the "Air time" column in the Aircraft Journey log book before issuing your endorsement .

Oh wait, did you happen to happen to get this endorsement through an operator with a flight training unit? If so, that's ok...

Sorry I just couldn't resist. I tried... honest!

The last time I renewed my licence I had to make an appointment with the TC office in Hamilton to have my photo taken and it still took them over two months to process it. Long gone are the days when you could walk into the office and get same day service.

When the office was in the TD centre in Toronto you could walk in give the receptionist ( I think her name was Mona) your paper work & a cheque and it was a done deal within 30 minutes.

Glad I'm retired and don't have to put up with the TC BS anymore.