Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Unknown Gazelles

Hey guys, this is my first post here.

I was browsing when I spotted this old thread on an helicopter forum

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/3940-gazelle/.

In his comments #8 & #10, the member nicknamed CFI Poster mentioned three SA.341G crashes occured in Alaska back in 1970s or '80s.

If anyone might know the ID of the Gazelles in question or has any C or N regd Gazele photos from the time, I'd love to hear from you.

Brgds

• Like 3

the only gazelle i ever got to hang around was C-GOCA and was owned at the time by buffalo airways and based in ft simpson. i think it went to timberland heli after that and the rego was eventually transferred to an EC120 if i remember correct.... that's all i got... good luck in your search...

Thanks on your kind reply. Actually, before it got C-GOCA reg, SN 1072 was shortly N88918, then with Buffalo Airways, Nationwide Helicopters, Robinson’s Trucking Ltd., Aero Arctic Ltd., Sunwest Helicopters Ltd. & Timberland Helicopters Inc. until 2007 when it sold to Ukraine and become UR-ACCA to the private owner.

UR_AC.jpg

Btw, sorry if bother, researching Gazelles' production & service history is my hobby (well, don't forget some people collecting stamps :)), so I have a lot of useless info...

Actually that would be an interesting project; who all operated Gazelles in Canada? We had one at Lambs, C-FVIT, S/N: 1144. It was exported to OH 10 (Ohio) about 1976. Shirley had one for a while and as twinstar mentioned, Wayne Myers covered the north with Buffalo's. Finning had one too, Jerry Jeffries was flying it. Who else??

R...

Hey guys thanks for the feedback (its encouraging!).

Mentioning the Canwest, as far as I know they operated three SA.341Gs; SN 1015, 1017 & 1207. Here's 1015 CF-CWN performing 1st medical flight in Calgary, March 1974.

image.jpg

Sadly, this blur b/w photo is all I have...

~ ~ ~

However, anyone with any connections to those who remember the days when Gazelles used to grace the Northern skies in your parts .. much welcomed!