Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Unknown Gazelles

Zishelix....... I stand corrected, it was GVIT. Brain fart on my behalf! The original (Lamb) VIT was a F and it was a G4A. Sold to a cattle rancher in Texas. I'll see what I have for pictures of GVIT, curious why you want a shot of it? Did you work there?

R...

post-168-0-21700600-1394059101.jpg

• Like 4

This SA 341G CF-EMF owned by Finning Tractor (Vancouver B.C.), picture circa 1973. Imported to Canada May 1973.

The 1980 Canada Civil A/C Register shows it still being operated by Finning. There were 15 SA 341G's registered in Canada that year.

post-2714-0-10961400-1394062366_thumb.jpg

I don,t know if this worked, but it,s a picture of the Canwest Gazelle inWandering River, AB. 1985, and the other is Apex Gazelle, Uranium City, 1981,with Daniel Sirois slinging the playboy machine out of the bush after a bad day!

post-1857-0-44568400-1394065513_thumb.jpeg

I flew OCA at Buffalo and also C-GDUG that was leased from Ed Tercier in bonnyville.

Jim Mueller from Grande Prairie AB had one which I caught a lift with a few times from Meander River to High Level. I cannot remember the reg but was very similar color to the Apex Gazelle above.

I only have old snaps of these machines.

Paul Kendall

I also flew Apex's Gazelle. The 206 underneath was FAH. One of three Bell Jetrangers Apex brought in from Hawaii. FAK,FAH and FAJ. Creighton Enterprises from Saskatoon also had a Gazelle. Dan was kind enough to lend it to me when I got married in Saskatoon. Still remember my new bride climbing out of it in a full wedding gown when I flew the bridesmaids in to the reception.

Gentlemen, the response has been great .. many many thanks!
Cambox: I am an aviation enthusiast with a specific interest in the Gazelle helicopter. In fact, I am compiling a database of every Gazelle built along with its service history and whatever photos I can find. I am doing this firstly because I enjoy it, but also because I hope to publish this information someday.
Through this hobby project I hope I will be able to contribute to the preservation of a piece of aviation history. So thanks (to everyone) for the responses.
At the moment, should be emphasized, all of the photos & data are for my personal use only and it won’t be published without consent of the author(s).
47B3: Nice one! Glad to know CF-EMF was in yellow-white c/s (I already have one photo but b/w)
Elvis: I have only CF-WMO owned by Dominion Pegasus Helicopters Ltd. from 1973 to '81 when it went to Hoffman Aircraft in USA. Maybe you recall which two other machines were with Dominion Pegasus?
DGP: Thanks once again for your kind assistance.
gwk: I am in your debt for these nice images! Btw, This one with sling load shoul be C-GXTW.
Skullcap: C-FTCS by any chance?. Go on, old Gazelle snaps are my favoured! :)
Torque Split: Gosh, "ordinary" people use to land a limo for such purpose! I hope you're not concerned by my remark :)
ps: I also engage in 'Gazelle chat' on this forum.
cleardot.gif