Unknown Gazelles

I believe John Carlton, owner of Precision Helicopters, Grande Prairie operated them in the 80's. Also a logging company in Campbell River, B.C. had one in the late 80's/early 90's, can't think of their name off the top of my head. I heard that parts were getting hard to find, the French military was hoarding all of them. I believe also Doug Makkonen flew one at TNTA, Whitehorse at one time as well.

• Like 2

Darville Copters in Grand Prairie had two or three of them in 1975-76. Herman Lorenz and Ruth Ann Page flew for Ed. There was an English chap as well, Gordon Oliver I think. Those machines were the fastest things with rotors. Nice looking helicopters but not very useful in the mountains due to low rotor discs.

C-FEDG was with Darville Copters since 1973 until 1983:

C_FEd.jpg

Photo taken at Latornel, south of Grande Prairie, Alberta on December 14th, 1978 Photo: Steve Aubury

c_fedg.jpg

Vancouver April 1988, by Mike Macgowan

Also a trivia: allocated false reg. N9747P while used for filming The Fly II movie in 1989 J

I believe also Doug Makkonen flew one at TNTA, Whitehorse at one time as well.

I think that was Karl Ziehe with Shirley. I believe that TNTA had a Lama which Doug and others flew.

• Like 1