Unknown Gazelles

I was in Dryden in1974 working with Kenting.I was with Hugh Ross and Jerry Flesher,we had FFZM an S-58.Have put those pics on here already.Cheers.Viking had a pile of 500 working on that fire.We were day based out of Vermillion Bay.Also worked fires with Bob Thurston in Gypsumville Manitoba the year before he departed.

Bob Thurston with back to camera giving preflight briefing to me for first vertical reference lesson. What an awesome man and instructor he was.

Thirsty Bob was a great fellow, we had him up here helping us on a drill job in the Chilcotin, early

1980's. Between him and Bob Holt, you couldn't get any better entertainment! (unless Transport Canada inspectors entered the room!!)

• Like 1

Yes he was full of fun and entertainment. When I was landing on the towers in Saskatchewan in 80s he'd tease me about being a suicide jockey,,,,,next tour he was on the machine. But he was smarter than I was and had it down to a science, 30 seconds per landing, only enough gear in machine for what they needed on that tower. I left too much gear in machine, get in get something get out,,,back and forth,,,etc.

You could learn more stuff from him just listening to his stories than most could teach.