Carbon Fibre/composite Helmet

I wouldn't waste my time with these helmets, the coast guard purchased a huge number of these for there technicians. They had to be returned 3 times for the wrong impedance and aircraft compatibility. Also, I had the opportunity to inspect 6 of the helmets and all had poor craftsmanship and quality.

What specifically did you find was poor about the quality Chopper Guy? Just curious as I'm looking at getting one myself. I talked directly to the dealer and from what he told me they sounded pretty good (obviously) but he also said they have a 30 money back deal... for any reason if a customer isn't satisfied they'll refund the helmet no questions asked.

What specifically did you find was poor about the quality Chopper Guy? Just curious as I'm looking at getting one myself. I talked directly to the dealer and from what he told me they sounded pretty good (obviously) but he also said they have a 30 money back deal... for any reason if a customer isn't satisfied they'll refund the helmet no questions asked.

Keep in mind I doubt they'll refund shipping and taxes, which is a fair bit of coin for a helmet...

One of the issue I observed was the hardware/fasteners used to assemble the helmet. Out of the six, none had matching fasteners. Some of them was protruding thru the teflon locking nuts as much as 1/4 inch creating a safety concern since it was protruding on the inside of the helmet. Secondly, the visor. The inside visor in a duel visor setup was contacting the rubber trim that is glued to the edge of the helmet. Therefore scratching the visor, this was found on the 3 out of the 6. Hope the last makes sense. Good luck!