Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fast Tracking Skilled Labour Foreign Hires.

The Conservatives know that 25% of the people are completely brain dead stupid and 10% can easily be swayed by the old standards of Communism, Tax and Spend, Gay Marriage, and some references to the Bible and they quickly have 35%.

Maybe Pierre Poilierve could make one more change in his Fair Election Act and eliminate the secret ballot, then Canadians could actually see the truly stupid people that support this Government!

I see no problems with the Fair Elections Act. The biggest complaint to the Act is the elimination of Vouching. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this. I had to produce two pieces of ID to get my ECG done, but you don't have to prove who you are in an election? Thats ridiculous

Oh ya, my buddy says I am, who I say I am,, no chance of fraud there eh, like fraud never happens today LOL

• Like 1

I think you mis-read my reference to communism, gay marriage, and tax and spend, ...it is a talking point used by the right to fear monger the low information voter to demonize the left.

What is a typical liberal , hybrid? Is that someone who reads a newspaper and doesn't get stuck trying to get the joke in the peanuts strip?

Well, if it's true, it's not fear mongering is it

If you fly helicopters for fun then I guess you are going to miss the big picture of whats being said here 2007. This will affect every working class Canadian if nothing is done. It's all bad and I am certainly glad I'm not starting out in the work force. Pretty sure if you're OK with whats going on you are rich, greedy, stupid or lack any moral compass. Or are a politician in which the first 4 prerequisites are mandatory.

well, now you can really call your self a Liberal. Nothing like insulting and belittling anyone who doesn't agree with you. Yup, you'll fit right in

• Like 1

I would love to know how the operators are satisfying the requirement cited in the letter you recieved Heizenberg. Italics added by me.

I did the same quite some time ago and got this lengthy reply:

On behalf of the Honourable Jason Kenney......

......As part of the review, the Government announced several changes, which include:

· ensuring that employers who rely on temporary foreign workers have a firm plan in place for a transition to a Canadian work force over time through the LMO process;

That italicized sentence was on every single Labor Market Opinion I got when I started out as a foreign worker, and don't fret, I started out doing stuff that they couldn't find Canadians for, I am now a landed immigrant so hopefully I am good enough for most of ya.

I am against trying to bring in more foreign workers, if none are needed. And as the market sits right now, I don't believe none are needed, however some companies have gotten themselves in a pickle due to low wages and #### standards that they feel they have to hire foreigners to cover, and the foreigners that DO come over to take these jobs, don't realize what pay is realized by the others, and they just keep taking it. If we were to tell what others are making and compare paystubs etc. then perhaps some of these guys would be more hesitant to take the jobs. Unfortunately the pittances they are making seem already lots more than what they are making at home, thus they come here...

How about they just tie LMO and specific applications to a cross-check with labour board complaints? You have complaints as a company that you don't pay your employees and treat them like crap, NO, you can't bring in temps from abroad. Fix your labour practices and you'll get local applicants.

• Like 1

Guest driver81

That italicized sentence was on every single Labor Market Opinion I got when I started out as a foreign worker, and don't fret, I started out doing stuff that they couldn't find Canadians for, I am now a landed immigrant so hopefully I am good enough for most of ya.

I am against trying to bring in more foreign workers, if none are needed. And as the market sits right now, I don't believe none are needed, however some companies have gotten themselves in a pickle due to low wages and #### standards that they feel they have to hire foreigners to cover, and the foreigners that DO come over to take these jobs, don't realize what pay is realized by the others, and they just keep taking it. If we were to tell what others are making and compare paystubs etc. then perhaps some of these guys would be more hesitant to take the jobs. Unfortunately the pittances they are making seem already lots more than what they are making at home, thus they come here...

Winnie this is not a personal attack against you, and i'm glad to hear that you are against the foreign worker program now that you are a landed immigrant. The problem with the LMO is there are not jobs Canadians won't do, but there are companies that Canadians won't work for for ethical reason (enter foreign worker) . Due to the fact that the wages, treatment, and schedules are Sh*t. This is why these companies still exist.

Basically a few companies figure they can get away with re writing the Canada labour code, but when the canadians start calling them out on it, they would perfer to hire foreigners. I have worked for companies that hire foreigners and they worked everyday possible in the summer. Two canadians got let go because they were higher time pilots that cost more and wanted a rotation. The company I have been at for the past couple of years is great. The rotations are great the pay is good and we are all very happy here. This season a foreign worker that just became a landed immigrant came buy and wanted a job. He said he was tired of working long rotations and the pay wasnt great.

Our boss said this guy wants a rotation because he has a wife now. To which one of our pilots said "Too bad,they came here and screwed over guys with families by working with no time off and now he wants a rotation?!" He didn't get the job.

Since the foreingers are doing the job for less and working more, they are helping keep the operators that nobody wants to work for alive and and it hurts the good operators that are treating and paying there employees good. so sh*ty operators can under cut them.

I hope all Canadian pilots that are against the LMO will write your MP.

• Like 1