Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fast Tracking Skilled Labour Foreign Hires.

I found this online. These are some of the actual LMO Applications in 2013. For those pilots that have looked for work and didn't get hired, you might want to read through some of these and file a complaint with the above mentioned email from service Canada.

There are a lot of applications, and remember some companies have more then one on this list. Some companies also operate as a different name then you may know them as. Also the companies say how many Canadians they have currently employed. that includes, janitors, accounting, engineers, receptionists, ect....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105225711/LMO%20Pilot%20applications%202013.pdf

I as a foreigner even have to laugh to see that there is no experienced pilots in Canada with 500, 2000 hrs, Were have they all gone, I can see no problems with being able to use your pilots licence to work around the world but I think your companies are

abusing it a bit with applications like the ones shown

Your problem lies with the Companies and your Immigration Department as I think it is natural if any pilot or company can exploit things to get the job or contract it will happen.

This seems to be more than an aviation problem in Canada as it even goes as far as Macca:s

Ok... here is an indexed copy of the 2013 LMO file, with several hundred pages of older applications removed. It is only current to the date of Gille's original 2013 ATIP request - once the new ATIP request is received the remainder of the 2013 LMO's will be added and 2012 removed to that document which is presently being indexed. Any Adobe Reader should be able to access the bookmarks, by clicking on the blue ribbon. Helicopter operators are bold/red. Many LMO applications are for more than one pilot. Check it out, and be prepared to be astounded by some of the applications!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105 ... 2May14.pdf

Cheers,

tin lizzie

Thanks for the post "tin lizzie".

One document shows Qwest in Fort Nelson with 7 foreign workers.

It further states that 500 hours helicopter time is required and that "Customers require experienced pilots & Canada has no experienced pilots & also pilots willing to live & work in the north".

G' day mates!

And for those people who say helicopters is a international trade look what that big idea has done to the European Union. I bet alot of those countries wish they never got into the Globalization theory. Write your minister folks before its too late.

I find it interesting that many of the companies listed with LMOs have a history of notresponding to applications sent in the manner instructed in the posted job ads - especially when you DO meet the qualifications. I guess it's easier just to ignore incoming resumes and pretend they were never received since HRDC doesn't require any tracking of the recruiting process to justify the LMO requests.

Just sayin'....

Cheers,

tin lizzie

Note that some companies LMO's mention that no Canadians want to live where their companies are located as justification for TFWs. Funny... Too funny... Are these all base pilot positions ? I think not. Shows how ignorant the government is about our industry and how it works and how so many operators abuse the system so easily. Depressing really... <_<

Guest driver81

Thanks for the post "tin lizzie".

One document shows Qwest in Fort Nelson with 7 foreign workers.

It further states that 500 hours helicopter time is required and that "Customers require experienced pilots & Canada has no experienced pilots & also pilots willing to live & work in the north".

G' day mates!

That is a lot of LMO's for one company. There are a lot more Foreign workers on working holiday visas as well, that are not on the list that Tin Lizzie posted. I urge all pilots to look through the list that Tin Lizzie posted. If you applied at one of the companies and didn't get the job report it to service Canada. integrity@servicecanada.gc.ca The government and the operators are not going to fix this .

Jason Kenney apparently introducing new rules for the TFW program. Which will include paying those TFW's more than Canadians.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jason-kenney-set-to-introduce-new-temporary-foreign-worker-rules-1.2644440

This will do nothing. In an Oct 2012 LMO application, Sunwing posted an hourly salary of $40 to $60 an hour for its pilots. The pilots fly 85 to 90 hours per month and thus should earn $3400 to $5400 per month.

See box 43 of this LMO application

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2998tcctgdjn33y/Sunwing%20LMO.pdf

I later found out that some of the Travel Service B-737 junior first officers were earning only 1200 Euros per month from their Czech employer, the company that Sunwing had contracted the pilots from. That was less than half what Sunwing was claiming they were paying them. I reported it to ESDC. Nothing...........