Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2 Hours Averaged ?

Flying about 1.5 a day. And no,not pilot operating job.Flying crews and waiting in the field for about 10 hrs a day and than bring them back. I was going to cover few shifts during the summer between my regular shifts but at this rates it does not make sense to get outta bed. How do people manage to make a living like this its beyond me.

• Like 1

Who cares, as a pilot, what the minimums are. That is an operator problem, not a pilot problem. Did anyone ask the pilot if it was okay with him? Of course not. Canada is the only place in the world that relies so much on flight pay. A daily rate is the only way to go but the operators have managed to keep the present system. Anyone making much money this year?

Flying about 1.5 a day. And no,not pilot operating job.Flying crews and waiting in the field for about 10 hrs a day and than bring them back. I was going to cover few shifts during the summer between my regular shifts but at this rates it does not make sense to get outta bed. How do people manage to make a living like this its beyond me.

Welcome back to year 1420

sheesh Maury, when you asked the question "Anyone making much money this year?", you didn't really ask for details, ok, you didn't ask for details at all.... you asked a question with a yes or no answer.

So I'm asking, are we in the dark ages because we don't volunteer info(offer more), or are we in the dark ages because we feel entitled for info(things) we didn't ask for?

• Like 1