2 Hours Averaged ?

In reading back over some of the posts that have been made here over the last few days, I noticed the apology I gave to Jim and thought to myself, "that sounds just like a politician" - and it just about made me ill.

So again, I apologize Jim, for the personal things I wrote on this forum. I had no right posting what I did. My mother always said, "If you haven't got something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all." She was right. The last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with a fellow pilot. We are not each others enemy.

I also apologize to everyone else who has been reading the various posts under different threads on this forum. I have railed against bullying/harassement and then gone and possibly done it myself. It shows how easily we can fall into it ourselves.

In reading back over some of the posts in the last few days, I noticed my apology to Jim and thought to myself, "That looks like what a politician would say" - and I was just about ill.

So again, I apologize Jim, for the personal things I said on my post. I had no right to do that, under any circumstances. My mother always said, "If you haven't got something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all." She was right. The last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with a fellow pilot. We are not each others enemy.

I would also like to apologize to those that have been following the various threads in the last few days. I have railed against bullying/harassment and then possibly done it myself. It just shows how easy it is to fall into it ourselves.

Maury

We sometimes say too much or go a bit further than we intended with our replies but sometimes you just have to push back a bit. I have 214's in my past too and could tell you a few stories, did you know they can lift as much as a 61 ! Don't go apologizing too much, to me Skidz reaction seemed a bit strong for what was said but hey, he's got the position and it's his call. A warning point! Did you also have to go to the office and is mom going to send you to your room when you get home? Ha ha

Some of the members on this forum only stop by to let us all know what power houses they are in the industry, "I'm so and so and have this many hours and i get what i ask for and sleep on bare frozen ground and love it and everyone else is a sniveling wuss !" Bla, bla bla.... Someone's overcompensating me thinks...

When i type up a reply or give my thoughts if they are in any way contentious i let some time pass then reread, edit if needed and post.

In any case, welcome to the forum and enjoy your warning point, you rebel !

All kidding aside, it's nice to have the forum and we need people like Skidz to keep things civil and i enjoy his/her contributions as well.

W.

All kidding aside, it's nice to have the forum and we need people like Skidz to keep things civil and i enjoy his/her contributions as well.

W.

Just about choked on my beer (probably my last before I head to a dry camp)... :lol:

I'm a he. Never thought there was any ambiguity as to my gender before. :blink: I prefer to remain anonymous on the forums mainly due to my moderator status, but most of my co-workers and employers, past and present, know who I am...

Carry on guys. I'm enjoying the discussion... :)

I do not want too see you in a dress Skidz.....:0

Ok. Now my wife who was reading over my shoulder just choked on her beer...and reminded me of the pictures she found of me many many years ago playing in a skit...and she agrees wholeheartedly with you Bob. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

From other threads it sounds like your co-joes barf enought, last thing they need is you twirling naked around a pole in the back.

Now that's funny right there!! But now I have quite the disturbing image in my head. Sorry Jim but your not of the brass poll caliber/gender!!

So again, I apologize Jim, for the personal things I said on my post. I had no right to do that, under any circumstances. My mother always said, "If you haven't got something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all." She was right. The last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with a fellow pilot. We are not each others enemy.

No worries mate! You are more polite than others ....

I could never have hard feelings against someone who speaks up for himself! I'm a shite disturber who likes to make people think. I still may not agree with all you say but I don't mind blathering about it 'til the cows come home! I tend to speak on the forum the way I would speak in a room full of people.

Carry on!

Well thank you Whitestone for having the good grace and progressive mindset to assume that any one of us could be a "she". :)

And for those of you that choose to remain professional, or at least strive for continuous improvement, it's appreciated, and respected. Variety is the spice of life, bullying and brutish behavior on the other hand, is simply unpleasant to be around.

Cheers,

tin lizzie

• Like 1

In reading back over some of the posts in the last few days, I noticed my apology to Jim and thought to myself, "That looks like what a politician would say" - and I was just about ill.

I would also like to apologize to those that have been following the various threads in the last few days. I have railed against bullying/harassment and then possibly done it myself. It just shows how easy it is to fall into it ourselves.

Maury

I went back through all the posts, and I can't figure out where these claims of "bullying" come from. Although bullying is a serious issue in society today, the word seems to be thrown around a little too often. Some seem to use it every time someone disagrees with them; it usually pops up as soon as the debate gets heated. Fred Lewis did the same thing on the Carry/on Baggage Requirements forum a few months back.

Is this a forum for helicopter proffessionals discuss and debate issues in our industry, or is it a discussion from a grade 5 Class? If we are ever going to have any meaningful discussions in our industry, people need to get some thicker skin and put their Big Boy (or girl) pants on in the morning.