Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2 Hours Averaged ?

Is a good thing you don't identify yourself Maury. You are doing a stand up job of painting a target on your back like this. Freewheel and his company are trying to change things and if you could read his posts you would see that he did talk to TC about other operators practices.

I pretty sure I have spoken to the majority of TC employees in Ontario. Each one seems to have a different interpretation.

The president of HAC also offered his support against new and extreme interpretations from TC Ontario. His email to TC is also posted on the forum.

I have also spoken to OMNR aviation safety officers about this and other issues(when they visited me at my facility). More recently I discussed these issues of regional disparity with Hydro One Health and Safety committe during desktop audit which resulted in my company receiving approval.

We are an open book. How's that for progressive. If you ask me, those who don't speak up when issues are known are the ones who are holding our industry back.

Maury, When was the last time raised a concern through the formal mechanisms that exist ( and are available to all of you)?

We are an open book. How's that for progressive. If you ask me, those who don't speak up when issues are known are the ones who are holding our industry back.

Maury, When was the last time raised a concern through the formal mechanisms that exist ( and are available to all of you)?

Raising concerns through formal mechanisms is for those with power and money. Justice, the law and "rights" are not for the working class. We live in fear of loosing our and jobs, being blacklisted or being replace by a foreign worker if we speak up. There is no one to speak up for us or stand up for us, who do you think is going to do that since we can't? Owners? LOL !

W.

Freewheel

I have no idea who you are or who you represent. I am pleased to hear that you are progressive. And what did the OMNR or the other forestries say about breaking the law? Is there a waiver or something? If your speaking to them was to simply say that you thought it was a stupid idea and what is wrong with what we have been doing forever, then I would say that is not being progressive.

As to your other point, recently and that is all I would like to say about that.

Freewheel

I have no idea who you are or who you represent. I am pleased to hear that you are progressive. And what did the OMNR or the other forestries say about breaking the law? Is there a waiver or something? If your speaking to them was to simply say that you thought it was a stupid idea and what is wrong with what we have been doing forever, then I would say that is not being progressive.

As to your other point, recently and that is all I would like to say about that.

I thought you said you went back to page 8 of the carry-on baggage forum to read what Fred wrote? If that was true you would know who I am. Fred calls me by my last name more than once (where I come from that is at we refer to as rude).

As far as what the people I dealt with say: most of them have actually read the CARs and Standards and can understand "plain English", so they agree what we do is legal.

There is a big difference between what you and Fred think should be legal and what the law actually says. Since Fred Lewis is now retired, I assume he is no longer flying around with the heavy red medics bag unsecured in the mid section seats of his longranger? Or does he still beleive he breaks the law (willfully) on every flight?

The idea of an association is not a bad one. There are many issues in our industry that require attention. Unfortunately I don't see Fred Lewis as the person who will lead you to the promised land...

By the way, don't bother sending a resume..lol

It has nothing to do with your views and everything to do with your attitude. IMHO, Attitude is everything when it comes to becoming a successful pilot...anyone can learn to be a skilled pilot and succeed (with the right attitude). And that is why some low time Canadian pilots get overlooked for foreign pilots. Don't get me wrong there are many good young Canadians out there with the right attitude, and we hire several per season, but the ones who spend their days complaining are not fit to fly our helicopters. It can actually be a safety issue, because state of mind and human factors are what lead to most accidents in our industry.

The fact is every ops manager out there has to have a good feeling about a low time pilots attitude before he sends him out with a million dollar aircraft (and peoples lives at stake).

• Like 3

I have to say that i have followed the carry-on baggage thread with Freewheel with interest. Not saying that is what happened in that case but i have seen it a few times over the years where TC came in for an inspection and got totally $hite on by the owner, DOM or Ops Manager and then the gloves came off. CAR's got applied with no wiggle room and the relationship became hostile. The outcome is a foregone conclusion, a long drawn out battle. They have made life miserable for a few operators who thought they could treat TC like they treat their employees. A few in fact have lost their Operating Certificates after a prolonged engagement, something which i have enjoyed watching immensely !

W.

As for Maury, i don't know who he is but can we agree to attach some labels to him? Diminish him, call him a kid, because kids are stupid, right? We can say he has a bad attitude because anyone who stands up and disagrees with anyone in management has a bad attitude. Another industry favorite, "he doesn't fit" could be attached to Maury as well. Isn't the usual perfect candidate a little sheep who only bleats when prompted?

Yes perhaps hire a foreigner, good choice, honestly, the ones i have flown with who are a product of the American "blind leading the blind" Instructor hour building system have been dismal, i would, being generous, only credit them with 20% of their hours in anything close to real world experience. How about the the cow chasers from down under... sheesh, sure you have 1000 hours or whatever it happens to be! But they have those precious hours written in their log books so they must be good, good enough to satisfy the industry requirements! A much better choice than a Canadian who tells the truth about his hours and can walk if you treat him like garbage.

W.

• Like 1

I have to say that i have followed the carry-on baggage thread with Freewheel with interest. Not saying that is what happened in that case but i have seen it a few times over the years where TC came in for an inspection and got totally $hite on by the owner, DOM or Ops Manager and then the gloves came off. CAR's got applied with no wiggle room and the relationship became hostile. The outcome is a foregone conclusion, a long drawn out battle. They have made life miserable for a few operators who thought they could treat TC like they treat their employees. A few in fact have lost their Operating Certificates after a prolonged engagement, something which i have enjoyed watching immensely !

W.

Wouldn't you like to know. I don't think you have any idea what happened in this case, but it doesn't stop you from gossiping does it? Should I take this to mean you are hoping we lose our AOC...that's not very nice.

Lots of things have happened in the past (some not that long ago). Since we are reminiscing, what about those times where TC overstepped their boundaries, trampled the basic rights of Canadians and admitted to systemic integrity problems. What Is the foregone conclusion in cases like these?

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/transport-canada-inspector-falsified-safety-reports-but-details-under-wraps/