Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2 Hours Averaged ?

You know what Skidz, normally I would agree with you, but in this case I think your wrong.

I don't ever recall slinging mud. I merely joined a conversation that had already turned into an association discussion. It seems that because I might disagree with these gentleman, they insinuated I was a "bully".

An association could do great things under the right people. Isn't that what you just posted on another forum? You are absolutely right.

The next big challenge would be getting people to a consensus on issues. That will take open discussion where people can voice their opinions without others getting angry and making accusations.

You are right that this has gone on long enough. Thanks for the discussion gentlemen.

Freewheel,

In my first post i did mention that i did not know what happened, but i think it's good that you took a stand, whatever the reason. I was not referring to you when i said i enjoyed watching someone's ego take them down in flames. I don't wish bad things on good people... or strangers, which is what you are to me. I also don't think you are a bully (at this point) and am not sure who said that or where even though i don't agree with everything you say.

My second post on the other hand was aimed squarely at you and R0T0R, just to be clear.

Not to worry though, no need to fill out a hurt feelings report. (or issue warning points Skidz) Though maybe Maury would like another?... ha ha

Happy night to all.

W.

Although my calling Maury a kid was petty I do feel that his attitude leaves something to be desired. I accepted that I needed to do things to pursue my dream and I got attacked for it. I apologize for being petty in return.

As to a previous remark about hero worshiping helicopterjim...it's more like Stockholm syndrome...;p

Shiny side up guys!

R

As for Maury, i don't know who he is but can we agree to attach some labels to him?

NO

I don't like his attitude ... I don't like what he has said .... but I will NEVER label anyone!

For what it's worth .... he at least had the balls to stand up and say something!

Can't say I agree with what he said but ....

they insinuated I was a "bully".

An association could do great things under the right people. Isn't that what you just posted on another forum?

Dang .... I thought I was the bully .....!!

I agree about the second part .... but we are a viscious collection of individuals .... like we will ever agree to anything ....?

Skidz

You mentioned earlier that you didn't think that drones would affect you in the near future. I am pretty sure I stated more or less the same thing to Helicopter Jim.

I bring your attention to CBC.ca (world) today regarding the FAA to allow BP to do pipeline patrols with drones in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. And in a related article, the FAA is also looking at the film industry to enable them to use drones also. Do you still think it is a long ways away? Are you still going to be in the business in five years? Things are changing incredibly quickly.

And who is standing up for us as pilots?

Skidz

And who is standing up for us as pilots?

Oh fu"k ..... not again?

Coulldn't you just stand up for yourself instead of asking who's going to do it for you?

helicopterjim,

It's a question that needs to be asked till its fixed because until we have representation we will have situations like the committee that sat to advise TC about Flight and Duty Times and we did not have a voice so they just threw us the Airline serving, all that bla, bla, bla about sectors, shortening the duty day and so on.

I know one of the people (fixed wing of course) who sat on that committee very well and he thinks that helicopter pilots as a group must be the dumbest creatures on the face of the Earth to not be at those talks.

There might be a few dozen who have managed to climb to the top of the very low hill that is VFR helicopters and think they have reached the top of Everst but for the rest of us, we know there should be more.

You keep saying you've done fine but so has the city bus driver when compared to you. I have a close relative who works for a large transit company and made over $90K last year and he laughs at me. Mama don't let your babies grow up to be... helicopter pilots !

I am so tired of people who say they haven't worked a day in their lives (hey it's true, I have worked with far to many of you, you actually haven't worked) and that they would do it for free and on and on. It's people with your kind of thinking who keep our pay in the 70's. We should be making twice as much as we do for the risks we are asked to take and sacrifices we make.

W.

• Like 3