Union Drive

This association and its companion forum are intended for the holders of a Canadian helicopter pilots license. The association is unincorporated, has no fees, no executive and no association. Action will be taken on issues on which a consensus has been reached as the group sees fit.

The format of the CHPA is a flexible arrangement whichs allows for the rapid declaration of the opinions of the membership and the delivery of those opinions to government officials and industry stakeholders who may have an interest in them.

The internet is a fantastic tool for this sort of thing. Groups of like-minded individuals can simply declare their intention to voice their sentiments on issues important to them. The structure and direction of these groups can rapidly evolve. There is no need for a constitution, the taking of minutes, the aquisition and maintenance of bank accounts, meetings of executives or members. These sorts of things just slow down the objective of any association which ultimately is to do something its membership.

The meeting of the CHPA has begun. It may never be adjourned. Membership is free.

Canadian Helicopter Pilots Association Forum

• Like 1

Is not job preformance judged on how the job is done and not on what the employee says or thinks?

So what your saying do a good job and you can badmouth your employer ... or your customer .... and with a union you will be protected???

Your words and your actions ARE an important part of your job performance .....!!

Keep me the fu@k from the world you guys want.

• Like 1

The day helicopter pilots are unionized is the day I sell out and leave the country, I can also speak for some of the other small companies. If you are doing a good job, you don't need one! I spent 2 months in a pup tent in the Yukon a couple years ago, just had to suck it up as there were no fires in B.C. that summer. Still met the payroll,had our pilot quit mid contract, (after 16 days flying on the job) he didn't like the pup tent, paid him 2 weeks severance pay, holiday pay, picked up another good pilot who is still with us. Jim, you have good attitude, keep it up, hope to see you here next summer.

B.M.

• Like 1

You know what Fred....since you have come onto this forum, you are without a doubt one of the biggest whiners I have ever seen here.

It becomes somewhat annoying your constant snivelling and bleating about an industry, that you obviously did not research much prior to choosing your carreer path.

Man up for christsake.....if you hate working conditions so much, bail and go do something else.

You remind me that anyone can buy a licence....

• Like 2

I don't know what Fred did to you guys. Helilog 56, you had my respect until that last post. You have made over 2000 posts and yet you complain about the few times Fred has commented. He is not allowed an opinion? You disappoint me. Whether you agree with him or not, he has never been rude on here, he certainly has made comments relevant to the industry. And yet you berate him. It doesn't look good on you Bob.

Maury, I agree with you 100%. Whether you believe we need better representation (union) or not is YOUR opinion. Being disrespectful of someone certainly does not make YOUR opinion right! This whole topic has been discussed for years and I doubt if it'll ever be settled one way or the other. Some feel they are not treated properly by certain companies and some believe in the adage of an honest days work for an honest dollar. There is no doubt in my mind both opinions are right some of the time......

R...

I don't know what Fred did to you guys. Helilog 56, you had my respect until that last post. You have made over 2000 posts and yet you complain about the few times Fred has commented. He is not allowed an opinion? You disappoint me. Whether you agree with him or not, he has never been rude on here, he certainly has made comments relevant to the industry. And yet you berate him. It doesn't look good on you Bob.

You sure missed the mark there buddy!