Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

College Of Professional Pilots Of Canada

I was hoping for gynecology .......

Not me.

Ever have one of those tours where by the time you in the plane headed home your only thought is "if i see just one more helicopter i may snap!!!"

Imagine that happening if you were working Gynecology...... :huh:

No thanks!!!!

I'll stick with flying

I don't think so Fred. The College aims to take over pilot licensing and recurrency from TC. We as helicopter pilots would be a minuscule lot within this group of airline pilots.

Minuscule ? I don't think so. Helicopter professional pilots represent about 20% of all professional pilots in Canada. That is 1 in 5.

When you go to fixed wing, about 41% of professional pilots are non-airline.

I'm not certain that the College is the way to go, although I am member #70, but what I am certain about is that we professional pilots need some sort of organisation to defend our common interests and speak on our behalf. Right now this just does not exist. Unions just don't do it. Should we create something simpler than the College, something that would appeal to all ?

The association of professional pilots of Canada ?

To seat on CARAC to represent professional pilots

To speak to the Media on behalf of professional pilots

To speak to Transport Canada on behalf of professional pilots

To speak to the government on behalf of professional pilots.

It could then offer group rates on optional insurance, loss of medical, litigation protection etc......

We can do wonders when we represent 25,000 workers.

We need to do something people ..........

• Like 2

So what was wrong with HEPAC?

Phil

In a nutshell: Lack of trust. Lack of trust on the part of pilots and AME's towards those people who were spearheading it. Lack of trust from operators who feared what might happen if we organized.

I think with what happened at the CARAC committee sessions regarding duty time has changed the attitude of most progressive-minded operators, and so I think many (including my employer) would support a pilot's association if it were to start up today.

What remains to be seen is whether a group of people can be put together and gain the trust of their peers to get something going...

Guest driver81

In a nutshell: Lack of trust. Lack of trust on the part of pilots and AME's towards those people who were spearheading it. Lack of trust from operators who feared what might happen if we organized.

I think with what happened at the CARAC committee sessions regarding duty time has changed the attitude of most progressive-minded operators, and so I think many (including my employer) would support a pilot's association if it were to start up today.

What remains to be seen is whether a group of people can be put together and gain the trust of their peers to get something going...

It will definitely be difficult, but I think its worth a try. I'm sure my current employer would probably support it. He has nothing to worry about. An association is a place we can all voice our opinion. if enough people have the same opinion we can take it to Transport Canada, Government, Media ect.

I think more people should give it a chance. http://www.cahepias.ca/phpBB3/phpBB3/index.php?sid=c6766433fa7fa6c10608e54ca72ca967

Okay ALL you helicopter pilots out there, now is the time. Go to the website posted above and register. No matter what happens, it is not going to hurt you in any way to join. You can remain anonymous. Hey, you think after what I have posted over the last couple of weeks, that I would give my real name??!!! Once the CHPA is established, I will be more than happy to put my name forward.

As I understand it, being new to this forum and all, there are quite a number of pilots out there that have left this forum for various reasons. I urge you, if you know one of these individuals, to pass on what is happening and encourage them to at least look at the CHPA website.

This is really important for our industry people, no matter whether you are a low time pilot or someone that has the experience and hours so that they have no problem getting work. If we do not speak as a group (not a union), no one will listen to the many different issues that affect us all as PROFESSIONAL PILOTS.

It will definitely be difficult, but I think its worth a try. I'm sure my current employer would probably support it. He has nothing to worry about. An association is a place we can all voice our opinion. if enough people have the same opinion we can take it to Transport Canada, Government, Media ect.

I think more people should give it a chance. http://www.cahepias.ca/phpBB3/phpBB3/index.php?sid=c6766433fa7fa6c10608e54ca72ca967

If your employer takes one look at that website, he's going to sh*t his pants. Have a read at the main page before you join...

http://cahepias.ca