College Of Professional Pilots Of Canada

What new and improved site ? All Fred did was put up open-source forum software on his pro-union site and declare that it was the CHPA.

If you want to start an association, you need a group of credible, determined individuals prepared to put a little bit of their time to establish a structure, even a very basic one, to get the ball rolling.

You can't just fire up a new forum, collect people's personal information and call that an association. Do we want something credible that industry stakeholders will take seriously or just another venue to vent our frustration ?

Don't go away Maury. You're not perfect. No one is. We all make mistakes. At least you're trying to make some constructive suggestions and not just bitching and whining like some...

I agree totally with you skidz but I think we have to take baby steps here so that we do not scare pilots away. The site has only been up for a couple of days.

Eventually I personally would like to see a paid staff, but until there are a bunch more members, that is unrealistic.

By the way, what do you mean I am not perfect - obviously you don't know me.

• Like 1

Guest driver81

COPA (Canadian Owners and Pilot Association) is a great example of what an association can do. They have lobbied Nav Canada, Transport Canada, Parks Canada, ect... All for the views of their members (mostly private pilots) and have made some great changes. They also have group insurance rates for members. So an association for Helicopters Pilots done properly could be good.

• Like 1