Try This With Westjet.....

So if the HAC or a group of operators came out and said the minimum rate for a B2 is $2000/hr., there would be accusations of price fixing. Legal proceedings would begin as per previous events with Hydro Quebec. But the Government of Alberta can come out and say $XXXX/hr. for a B2 and this is OK???

Chopperman, I am curious how many of your customers come in and tell you what they are going to pay you for your equipment.

Fundamentally this is wrong on so many levels, but if you are OK with this, good luck to you.

Maybe it is a good way to keep out of province operators away from the Republic of Alberta......

So if the HAC or a group of operators came out and said the minimum rate for a B2 is $2000/hr., there would be accusations of price fixing. Legal proceedings would begin as per previous events with Hydro Quebec. But the Government of Alberta can come out and say $XXXX/hr. for a B2 and this is OK???

SRD is the client so they have the option, you as an operator also have the option of saying your AS350B2 will only fly if you get xxxx.xx per hour! Not familiar with the references to Hydro Quebec so I can't comment.

Chopperman, I am curious how many of your customers come in and tell you what they are going to pay you for your equipment.

There are clients that state the price they will pay this I can guarantee you! Some state "if your rate is this amount xxxx.xx we will not put it to tender! So you as the operator can either pay it or not fly for said client!

Fundamentally this is wrong on so many levels, but if you are OK with this, good luck to you.

If the rates were in the sewer then they wouldn't have a lot of operators flying for them, but those rates plus 4 hours a day mins (non-averaging) are fair in my opinion! The rates for other provinces are what the operator supply's them with.....you can bet money there's a lot lower rates being given than what SRD's paying!

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match, just simply stating the prices are and minimums are fair from ASRD!

Have a fun and safe summer!

Todd

Maybe it is a good way to keep out of province operators away from the Republic of Alberta......

I find ASRD's rates are sky-high compared to what I've seen in Quebec in the past couple of years. In Quebec, the operators put in their bids at the beginning of the season for casual hires. Operators can choose to put in for non-averaging, averaging or time-averaged mins (ie 4 hours per day averaged over five day periods or whatever). When things get hot, SOPFEU starts calling the lowest bidders first... I've seen B2s going for 1300/hr on three hour averaged mins. And when fires go out of control you start seeing B2s at 2000/hr on four hour non-averaged mins... It's like playing roulette for the operators.

I'm curious. How does ASRD decide who to call first if everybody gets the same rate ? Proximity ?

It's done on a first come first serve basis using sat track. There is no such thing as a base machine in AB.

That being said. If you want to chase fires you are taking their rate. As with other subjects on this forum. No one is forcing you to take the work...