Lawyering Up

Guest who's yer daddy

Can anyone tell me how to delete my profile and account? I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere in my profile section.

27 years as a pilot and an engineer and an online forum is going to try and trump the Supreme Court and give my personal information to some helicopter company's law firm without my knowing. So much for the privacy of information act, I'm out of here.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me how to delete my profile and account? I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere in my profile section.

27 years as a pilot and an engineer and an online forum is going to try and trump the Supreme Court and give my personal information to some helicopter company's law firm without my knowing. So much for the privacy of information act, I'm out of here.

If you want your profile deleted, you'll have to contact the site administrator. We moderators don't have that privilege. And no, Vertical Magazine will not give your personal information without advising you first.

Keep in mind that most online forums have that provision in their rules. Any forum that would allow it's members to slander a third party while maintaining and protecting their anonymity would become liable. On the other hand, if Vertical Magazine were to release your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and without just cause, then you could sue them for any prejudice you might suffer from that information becoming public...

The site administrator's user name is VerticalA. Send him a PM and he'll happily remove you from the forums. Sorry to see you go.

As I mentioned before, no site will allow you to hide behind a pseudonym and slander people with impunity. They would very quickly be out of business...

Happy trails.

Guest who's yer daddy

It has nothing to do with paranoia or hiding behind anything. It has everything to do with the fact the site has been contacted by three different law firms representing helicopter company's. This site has changed in many ways from the old Canadian Aviation days.

Thanks for the help. Fly and wrench safe gentleman.

The funny part is the companies that are getting law firms to find out who a person is are companies nobody with any type of integrity or real self pride would work for. Fly at it Vertical Give them my name they are already on my do not apply list so I might as well be on their do not hire list

As some of you who have been here for many years may know (or not), Kyle was being forced to shut down the old caaviation forums (which is what these forums were called back then). Kyle was being hounded by lawyers representing operators who felt they were being slandered by members of these forums hiding behind pseudonyms. Kyle gave us a 30 day notice that he was pulling the plug when Mike Reyno at Vertical Magazine stepped in and saved the forums from being shut down. The fact that there are now clear rules as to what people may or may not post on these forums have made things much more civilized than they were in the "old days" of the caaviation forums...

I have no qualms with the rules as they are, and in fact, I'm happy they are there. Otherwise, idiots hiding behind pseudonyms would have a field day flaming and slagging people and companies let right and center...

• Like 1