Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Phoenix Heli-Flight Pilot Ad

Umm just to be crystal clear I have never hired TFW's before. I have specific requirements because I have a specific role to fulfill in my company that will enhance the safety of our program and allow my crew to receive top notch training. If I could get that training in Canada from a Canadian Instructor on a Canadian Simulator I certainly would. As you have stated there are 6 Ec 135 aircraft in Canada so please help me to understand where I am going to get an Ec 135 experienced instructor ?? and how many commercial operators are using NVG in Canada ?? So again help me understand where can I get a Canadian Instructor to train my crews in an Ec 135 with NVG in Canada ?? In fact please share with me where I can buy NVG's in Canada ?? So many opinions I read here and yes your right I am trying to acquire a TFW because he has the experience directly related to our program. I haven't received even one Resume that meets even half of what I am looking for because like it was stated earlier 6 Ec 135 in Canada and even fewer NVG programs.

Kinda think it's safer to have experienced people doing the teaching and passing along the knowledge.

My name is Darrel Peters, Chief Pilot, Phoenix Heli-Flight and I can be reached personally on my cell at 780 713 7624, feel free to contact me with any suggestions that would allow me to hire a Canadian to fill this role cause I certainly would.

• Like 3

I just opened my Vertical 911 that was on my desk. Quick flip through and found....

Aviation Specialties Unlimited - NVG Training, Boise ID

Flight Safety International - EC135 Training, Simulator, Dallas TX

Metro Aviation - EC135 Training, Simulator, and NVG Training - Shreavport LA

If this TWF is not a business/financial decision, then why not use the same training programs the other industry leaders use? Because they are competition? Perhaps. I am not sure how STARS got there program going, or the RCMP, or the other operations using 135's and/or NVG, but I doubt it was going the cheap and easy route.

To say that..."they are government"...and ... "not fiscally responsible to costs of operating or training"...is exactly what Gilles is eluding to. This proposal is for monetary gain!

Train some Canadians, they way everybody else has, and then build your program from there. There is plenty of resources there to utilize to achieve the level of flight standard they are wanting.

At a tariff of $7900 per hour, there is obviously a business plan somewhere.

One of my favourite sayings....."If you are going to run with the big dawgs, you cant piss like a puppy!"

• Like 2

Except for the type rating a former Canadian Forces pilot should fit the seat. Many retire with a solid training background. There's more than a handful out there flying BK's right now, not a tough transition to an EC135. Probably more expensive than a TFW though.

• Like 1

Except for the type rating a former Canadian Forces pilot should fit the seat. Many retire with a solid training background. There's more than a handful out there flying BK's right now, not a tough transition to an EC135. Probably more expensive than a TFW though.

Agreed.

And you don't have to look very hard for experienced training pilots who have sim training and have sim operators course...

I have that experience myself, with near 2000 hours of instruction given. Unfortunately I am committed elsewhere or I may have applied, even without the required 135 or night/IFR time. I'm close but not near enough.

I can not imagine the fixed wing industry being such drama queens like the helicopter one.

Some operators requirements is so ridiculous! like these choppers are soooo special!

Airlines (fixed wings) have guys with less hours that Phoenix ask for and they are in charge of aircrafts worth 50 times more than an EC135 and more pax!

So...next time you step in a 777 or else, ask the pilot if he meets Phoenix requirement....

Yes Darrel...I hear it all..in the name of safety and...good marketing though..people still buy that? time to get down the high horse

Skaf