Canada Labour Code

Guest driver81

Driver81

I would like to caution you vis a vie your comment on the Canadian Labour Code and challenging any employer in this industry on its enforcement. Although you or the person in question may evoke enforcement on a given short term matter and receive compensation, the long term damage to your career will be irreparable. You will be known as a ' trouble" employee and in all likely hood be discussed at some HAC association meeting during bar hours. Once you are placed on the non existent blacklist for sticking up for yourself finding future employment will be significantly more difficult. You will have NO recourse and no one to defend your right to seek gainful employment, you will be labeled a non conformist.

Be grateful for the privilege the operator has given you to fly his or her AC and earn a living.

Good luck

p5

• Like 2

Unfortunately it's just the way it is, the precise reason why the word "professional " cannot be held up with any degree of seriousness to define the industry in general. Despite a huge desire by many participants who would like to see a real professional standards

Standing waiting for the next person that will be pushed to their limit and go postal out of shear frustration turning to madness. like the last guy that shot up the aircraft a while back, just a question of time.

When the people in this industry get organized, then the power will shift and some employers ( not all) will be forced to abandon practices that are more in line with indentured servitude.

Sad but true!

Best of luck.

p5

Driver81

I would like to caution you vis a vie your comment on the Canadian Labour Code and challenging any employer in this industry on its enforcement. Although you or the person in question may evoke enforcement on a given short term matter and receive compensation, the long term damage to your career will be irreparable. You will be known as a ' trouble" employee and in all likely hood be discussed at some HAC association meeting during bar hours. Once you are placed on the non existent blacklist for sticking up for yourself finding future employment will be significantly more difficult. You will have NO recourse and no one to defend your right to seek gainful employment, you will be labeled a non conformist.

Be grateful for the privilege the operator has given you to fly his or her AC and earn a living.

Good luck

p5

Why not challenge the employer? The employee has the right to. So what if you get fired at least you stood up for something. Maybe the employer will get fined or shut down by the Canadian Labour Code until they can improve the way they handle business. There are way too many operators in this business that take advantage of there employees (especially lower time guy's/gal's).

Threats of blacklisting only go so far. I've seen many of so called blacklist people get hire because there the only ones with enough "hours" and "credentials" to do the job. Because we all know that operators are very reluctant to train up any body new when they get a guy off the street (or accross the pond) to do the job.

The way I look at it is the the operator should be honoured that I want to take their aircraft out and make them a pile of money and only ask to be treated well and a fair wage in return.

Round Lake

Yes the employee has the right to do a lot of things including calling his lawyer, but taking action agianst your employer is like ldisobeying the " Masser" you will be wipped, one way or another and cause irreparable harm to your reputation and it's a small group of owners... Better to apply lube and just take it.

p5

Round Lake

Yes the employee has the right to do a lot of things including calling his lawyer, but taking action agianst your employer is like ldisobeying the " Masser" you will be wipped, one way or another and cause irreparable harm to your reputation and it's a small group of owners... Better to apply lube and just take it.

p5

Well I have taken it from many Employer's over the years. Working long days doing 6-8-10 week tours in the cold canadian winter temperatures while the owners are golfing or sitting on some beach somewhere. All I got out of it was a bunch of unpaid overtime no family life and the reputation that they could count on me to get the job done. No matter what kind of lube you use, it still hurts the employee's while the owners are getting away with fraud.

• Like 1