Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Northern Gateway

As a good buddy said to me one time after he had to do a site orientation thingy of a big project on "Native Land" that gave the history behind the deals and negotiations between the Innu and Inuit, he now calls them Companies! Its not about the land or rights all comes down to the $$$.

And just where do the ninnies whining about First Nations' focus on money think they got it from? Try being penned up on reserves for a couple of centuries and watching while your white 'masters' show you what their world is really about, and it sure as **** isn't social progress and the milk of human kindness.

• Like 2

And just where do the ninnies whining about First Nations' focus on money think they got it from? Try being penned up on reserves for a couple of centuries and watching while your white 'masters' show you what their world is really about, and it sure as **** isn't social progress and the milk of human kindness.

Yes I agree and understand that. What has been done in the past was horrific and cruel but there comes a point in time where enough is enough. And no amount of money is going to fix it.

And when does it end? When will I cease to have to pay for my grandfathers wrong doings?

I understand their plight, I just don't see how the continuous handouts are fixing the problems. Perhaps I am just bitter as the band where I live are some of the wealthiest folks in town and continue to be presented with more land and resources.

Personally, I say power to the First Nations.

The current federal government pretty well gutted most environmental oversight and regulation which was put in place over decades as a response to previous damages and wrongdoing.

The BC government has done little or nothing to settle land treaties over the last 100 years.

All governments though seem to be able to approve industrial activities or pipelines over a relatively short period to the benefit of corporations.

Is the governments primary responsibility to people or corporations?

Settle some treaties and most of these problems will also be settled.

• Like 1