Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Reliance Production Optimization

Operate as long as you can with out an AOC.

For sure, or even a POC, those commercial operators charge way too much, if only we could get the commercial operators to lower their prices and start underbidding each other. :stupid:

Is that really any of your business? Jeff answered plenty already.

That answers my question, thanks.

For sure, or even a POC, those commercial operators charge way too much, if only we could get the commercial operators to lower their prices and start underbidding each other. :stupid:

That answers my question, thanks.

No it doesn't, you just assume it does.

Hey Jeff, how much oilfield experience you guys looking for ? I did a two year stint at big blue before they went in a lul and gained minimum flying time (50 hours) I then moved to Fort Mac and obtained my 4th class, did a 6 month work term at horizon and I am now employed at Syncrude process operating, I also have my PFO-A, plant operating is amazing money but I miss the helicopters.

I don't think we'll be hiring for a while, but the more the better. Gas field operating is what we would be looking for. Gas plant stuffs only for cross training which we have not started yet. Its a ground only position but the idea is to rotate.

Ah, I see how that works now, these "oilfield operators" aren't actually aviation companies. Just looking at a bunch of R22's registered to "(insert name here) oilfield services" and they all seem to be privately registered. Does your company have an AOC or do you have a POC?

We operate under general aviation, so no PPCs, ops manual or anything.

And you are correct, this is not a helicopter company. A helicopter is my company truck.

• Like 1

So do you only have to do an annual inspection on the helicopter? Or a 50 hr?

I'm not positive. We take our helicopter to the mechanic when he tells us what to do. We can technically do the 50 hours on our own, but every time a 50 hour has come up, we have had bigger issues that needd to be dealt with so its always gone to the mechanic, so the helicopter is in good hands.

And yet your charging for the helicopter time.......

I'm not really sure what that means. I am an operator. My boss bought a truck, a quad and a helicopter (and I heard a snow mobile for winter, but I haven't seen it yet). I use all 3 to do my job. My boss pays for all 3. He pays me to operate. I get the same rate whether I'm driving, quading or flying. The helicpter is literally my company truck. Considering the altitude I'm flying at (4200+ feet) and that its an R22, myself and my tools are all I can bring. No passengers. This is as private as private gets, as opposed to commercial operators that contract out for helicopter services.

• Like 1

Cut these guys some slack. There are lots of machines working privately and as long as they don't "operate", then I don't see an issue. As far as I know, most, if not all police and ENG helicopters fly without an AOC...

I certainly do hope they have a more stringent maintenance program than what is required from Sunday fliers, and that even though they're not required to do PPCs, that they still do annual training, for their own safety... :unsure: