Mass Layoffs

So the work just stops because a helicopter company implodes? When I worked there they paid crap and the rotations were even worse. Not a big loss to the industry I'm thinking.

Under Adam's rule, GSH didn't lay people off. If they laid you off, it was because you didn't want to work over the winter and asked to be laid off or because you didn't perform to their standards and they just let you go. Even if they didn't have enough work to justify it, they kept a lot of guys (and girls) on the payroll that otherwise would have been competing for jobs elsewhere.

My experience there was a very positive one, from, training, to the quality and condition of the aircraft, to dealing with ops. Out of the five companies I've worked at, they were the best to me. I understand that some people don't share my view of that company, but sometimes its just a matter of chemistry. The grass isn't necessarily greener accross the street.

I hope things work out for the company...

Discovery Air is learning the hard way about trying to build a monopoly within Canadian aviation.....sad to see it will be the flight crews/ employees that pay the price !

Dunno about the monopoly thing, but DA did have a very aggressive development plan. They are/were very hard to compete with in the north with all of the First Nations partnerships they developped over the years.