Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Resurgence Of Entry Level Flying Jobs

This is just another example of the bar being lowered. It's like the box stores who don't give anyone full time so they don't have to pay benefits, it's like your favorite donut and coffee shop hiring all their staff from the Philippines, it's like all the security guards being hired from Nigeria or some place like that. It's about tour companies not paying their employees. It has nothing to do with giving someone an opportunity and everything to do with giving yourself an unfair competitive advantage and putting more money in your pocket. I think we all know how most "charities" work these days, give them a buck and 97% is spent on "administrative" expenditures which include meetings held in Mexico or the Bahamas and luxury car rentals, and part time staffing which turns out to be hookers, etc.
(it's like the helicopter companies who hire foreign workers) all are shades of the same color.

W.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One difference I see is that I will not fly around in a twin for FREE just to get experience....

Most guys arn't flying for free, but at regular wage, to gain twin time. Companies are lying about pilots experience so their twins can be employed and maintain current contracts. This hurts the whole business model along with high time pilots and even what company gets awarded a contract. Another example of how it effects the industry as a whole.

CK

Most guys arn't flying for free, but at regular wage, to gain twin time. Companies are lying about pilots experience so their twins can be employed and maintain current contracts. This hurts the whole business model along with high time pilots and even what company gets awarded a contract. Another example of how it effects the industry as a whole.

CK

Are you suggesting that companies are Lying? Or guys are Lying about their stats? I'll just bid you G'DAY then

fine sir!

I understand people are upset and feel this doesn't help our industry. If anything this will allow some entry into the business but I agree its not right. We're upset that some one would work for less, possibly effecting the industry as a whole, however it's happening all around us. For example how about muliti engine aircraft flying around for oil and gas or the mining sector, those large company's have minimum muliti engine hour requirements / time on type spec's , I'm willing to bet those reg's arn't being followed. I don' t see the difference, just happening on different levels in the industry.

Pretty hard to question someone's flight time when Transport Canada can't agree on what flight time is for a helicopter (or how a pilot should log it)...I know I sound like a broken record but this type of nonchalant attitude is a result.

There is no doubt there are companies and Pilots out there fudging numbers. The Major mineral and Oil and Gas Companies and their High paid consultants are responsible for it with these ridiculous Total Fight requirements for pilots. Its no wonder you can come from over seas with 2,200 hours in your log book and everyone accepts it who are they going to ask to verify it. **** all you have to say is you have been chasing kangaroos for 2,200 hours on a private ranch. Numbers are not based on ability. You can be a 2,000 hour tour pilot that has never been on a long line let alone more then 100 miles from home but when you reach 2,000 hours you have just become God in this industry. What ever happened to people being flight tested by companies and put in a position the company feels they can handle NOT some high priced consultant that is protecting his or her A$$ saying if you have 2,000 hours your good to go. This industry has become a JOKE.

• Like 2