Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Rcmp Search For Helicopter Vandals In Central Alberta

Actually there are many laws which are not federal, such as town bylaws and provincial laws. For example in Alberta you can still ride in the back of a pickup truck legally, where as not so in Ontario. Thanks Ralph! But yes the law broken here is a serious federal offence.

Our company has had numerous things stolen from spares boxes, fire extinguishers, long lines, barrels of fuel stolen. Thankfully no vandalism of aircraft. But in areas of large population or problems we ensure a security guard is usually hired. Trying to go the landowner is another good place to start as they will know whether or not there may be trouble. I have been surprised at what I thought was a good area only to find out some locals were trouble and moving the machine to a farmyard is safer.

Am not saying in this case happened but mainly it is the holier than thou that do not want to move a machine to a safe location and guess when shyte happens? I remember a client who refused to pay ferry to Bucking Horse so we non revved it. Then they wanted to put in the crews from camp, so we refused, it went sideways until they put security on site, then there were bear prints on the nose of the astar. Where were the security guards, at the road ensuring no one drove in, thus saving the 15 km drive to helicopters. My lanta. Some of the cheapest clients will gladly pay ferry to a secure location, and not always are airports. The most stuff we ever had stolen was at an airport.

• Like 1

When I used to leave a machine overnight in a remote "unsecured location" I would always carry some simple every day magic tape (the opaque stuff that goes on clear when applied) I would use it on doors, gas cap and engine cowls. You could at least tell if something was opened so you could have a more thorough look if required.

The worst incident I remember was back in my early days flying sight seeing tours at fairs in a long ranger where we slept right beside the machine in campers. Later the next day two passengers (female) showed me naked pictures of themselves sitting on the dog house from the previous night. I flew it 9+ hours that day!! I was dumbfounded (even though the pictures were great!) but WHAT did they grab onto while climbing up drunk onto my machine!??! Did they haul on the pitch tubes!?!??!? Why didn't we hear them? Anyway, all was well luckily.

When I used to leave a machine overnight in a remote "unsecured location" I would always carry some simple every day magic tape (the opaque stuff that goes on clear when applied) I would use it on doors, gas cap and engine cowls. You could at least tell if something was opened so you could have a more thorough look if required.

The worst incident I remember was back in my early days flying sight seeing tours at fairs in a long ranger where we slept right beside the machine in campers. Later the next day two passengers (female) showed me naked pictures of themselves sitting on the dog house from the previous night. I flew it 9+ hours that day!! I was dumbfounded (even though the pictures were great!) but WHAT did they grab onto while climbing up drunk onto my machine!??! Did they haul on the pitch tubes!?!??!? Why didn't we hear them? Anyway, all was well luckily.

Prove it! Post said pictures now or at least send them to me in a pm. :lol:

• Like 2