Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot Operating

Any of you out there currently doing it? I got my 4th class last year and I am currently writing my 3rd class papers after a couple of years trying to make it as a low hour, I am currently working in secondary upgrading in Fort mac. Just wondering how you made your break in this side of the industry and companies that are doing it besides Opsmobil (tried to get on with them last year with no luck) I really enjoy operating but would still like to some day make a career out of flying. Thanks in advance!

P.S also finished my PFO:A and plan to finish up to D but not sure if that would make a difference If I held a 3rd class

All the tickets in the world won't get you aver the 1500 hr mark. Unfortunately that's the only piece of paper that counts to Contrail and oil companies, is your log book. There are some companies that don't care about hrs but they are few and far between. You can try Valley B in manning Ab. From what I hear the owner is awesome and the guys are good. You would have to move there but those are things you have to do as a low timer.

• Like 2