Job's Job's Job's

i think the point on civilian vs. military is that they are both good, just not directly comparable. however one vital, and probably the most important, point is that, should you happen to make it through the military training, you are guaranteed employment for at least 7 years past wings. on the civilian side of things there are never any guarantees....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a pilot 'forced' back to work for you is an extremely bad idea! If Campbell forced me to fly for them, the first start of the turbine would be extremely hot!!! As for his endorsment and PPC procedures, they are a little *** backwards! Since when can you PPC someone on an aircraft they are not endorsed on? News to me! Seems his procedure is in the last hour of the endorsement is to PPC the candidate, then sign off the back of the license.... Lets see that hold up in court!

Cole - your dad is right - or was up till a few years ago! I 'spose it depends on what military you join - the British Army have 42 Apaches in cold storage because they can't find crews. The other difference is that you don't have to be an orficer and therefore won't find yourself behind a desk as you would with the RAF.

If you were going to go down that route, I would suggest the Brit Army or Navy would be good choices.

Phil

Albert Ross -------that's not being really fair to Cole my friend.....you didn't tell him the whole story about other opportunities if he might venture over there. What about the "sweet-heart jobs" like you have with the occasional FREE bottle of some fine Scottish "sipping" liquid thrown in for good measure? I'll just assume that you were going to make it a "two part post" and tell him about the rest on your next post., being the fair guy you are. :D

Watch him Cole because it took him a long while to tell me about it also. :angry:

Guest sharky

My last boss was going to get me to sign a contract of some sort for my instructor rating. Was going to get a lawyer and everything to do it up pretty.

I said fine, but let me know when you call the lawyer, as I have a few things to add to the contract:

-If I'm fired or laid off I'm not obligated to repay a cent, and if we're agreed on a 'time of service' (2 years), then my wages will be the going rate in the industry.....

He can't double dip, you know..paying me lower wages and telling me it's to pay for my instructor course, and also holding me to a 2 yr commit to also pay for the instructor course.

That was the last time the 'contract' conversation came up.

Was there anything I missed or overlooked?

What would any of you add in or stipulate if you were ever to sign a contract/agreement?

Like I said earlier...Who whould want a 'forced' employee to work for them? Really, could you imagine the relationship?!? I am sure they would do such a wonderful job for the company....ya right!!!!

I recently gave out an Astar endoresment, the pilot was professional but lacked some operational hours. I advised him to get into the industry, take the Astar endorsement and get some operational hours with it! End of story, there where no hard feelings, sometimes that is how life goes... I hear he is doing well.

Sharky ----- you did just fine. At least you were making sure that you weren't "the fu*kee".

In European countries it's considered normal for companies of all decriptions to improve the skills and abilities of their employees at THEIR expense and it's been that way for years. Over here, it's "go see your Loans Officer or see what HRDC will do for you". Then everyone wonders why it's all gotta be so "cut-throat" all the time over here..

Correct me if I'm wrong but you guys sound like you don't have a problem with employees getting an endorsement from an operator and then pulling the pin shortly thereafter.

Sorry but if your employer invests money on your training, you should do the honorable thing and give the said operator the chance to get a return on his investment. If that means puting up with him for the summer than so be it!

It's your fault for not doing better research on this operator in the first place!