Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gallet Lh250 Vs Gentex 56/p - Your Advice?

Cant say anything about the Gentex but the Gallet is a awesome helmet. I got the 250 with the two visors dark inside and the yellow outside. I wish I had my time back and I would of went for the single visor version. I found the yellow too bright on my eyes and it made my eyes water (strange I know) especially in the winter. I find amber sunglasses much better. Any ways I took the outer visor off and what a difference it made to the feel of the helmet. Its frig all weight but I guess it cause of were it mounted on the top and fwd part of the helmet. I have never had a issue long longing with it in the astar even with the outer visor installed Im about 5'11" and don't touch the door post or anything. Id do some thinking and see if your really going to use the yellow visor and if not save some money and buy the single visor version. Mine is about 7-8 years old and haven't had a issue with it. Hope this helps.

This helmet thing has been kicked around on here so many times,go back an look it up.I have a 56/p and find it way lighter than my previous 2 Gentex.I had an sph4 for 17 years.Worked great.Got the sph5 and used it for 13 years.It is a bit heavy.Got the new model a few years ago.It is way lighter but gentex sizing really sucks.I did all their measuring and decided to go 1 size larger.It is tight!I would go 2 sizes larger and then add padding as required!I don't have a big melon but they said I would take a medium.I wouldn't have been able to get it on.I order a large and it just fits.XL would be way better.