Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tdg Courses?

I've been meaning to get my TDG cert. to go along with my WHMIS, but not sure who/where is a good place to go to for it. There is the add in Helicopters that says you can do it at home with their course but I thought I'd check here before calling them up.

Does it matter who/where you get it from?

Thanks gang!

Hey ryan if you are in B.C trie John French, they do the TDG online aswell as WHMIS,I'm not sure if they only offer it if your on with a compaine but I don't see the reason why they wouldn't. It takes only a couple of hrs to do online but you'll need the big book,and it costs. But its way better than doing it the old way if you can get a copie of the o5 issue and try online

hope that helps :up:

Thanks for the info!

On the topic of safety I'll bring up an idea I asked about many moons ago. Have many here ever done any sort of Water Egress Training? I imagine it's mandatory for you off-shore folks.

It's another thing I will do one day when the cash is there. Before I thought it might look good on a resume, but now I don't care how it looks. In light of the recent float plane crash it really hits home. Plus after being on hand to watch a family member drown years ago, I know how easily avoidable it can be.

Anyone interested can check out a comany who does Egress Training here on the Island.

HERE

Ryan, take the course when you can - its very good and could be life-saving, on lots of jobs aside from coastal flying - bucketing etc.. I took the course in Halifax quite a few years ago with a subsequent refresher. Heard the BC course is very good.