Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

On-Line Petition Agains Tfw Pilots

I'm sorry but I dont believe that a 100 pilot got his start here under the TWF program. Id love to see the proof of that.

Rotor,

yes it is quite shocking. You probably won't be seeing the proof of that. I am not going to go through the hassle of requesting the LMO applications for that year wait a year for it and then sent it to you. If you don't want to take my word for it I don't really care, but I sure did report it.

• Like 1

Helilog56 you work for an american employer and oversees on a global basis as U said, I find it funny you would be commenting on the status of what it's like for a guy trying to make a living here at home in Canada as a Canadian Commercial pilot born and raised here.

I too see foreign workers as nothing but a pain in the A _ _ , I worked for an operator that brought in a foreign pilot but it had nothing to do with experience it was strictly about cash because he was able to pay less than he would a canadian pilot to do the same work.

Maybe you think it won't accomplish anything but if Canadians don't start standing up for themselves, opening their mouths and speak for our rights as Canadians soon we'll be foreign workers in our own country. We are being inundated with foreign workers everywhere I've seen it and it aint because of experience that's just plain bull crap it's only about the dollar. I have experience and although they don't take my job away they do take my friends because their cheep labour plain and simple.

• Like 2

One might think that a check ride would do the trick Rotor but one should consider a couple of factors.

Some really low time people are really quite decent pilots. I have done many check rides on low time pilots that were, in my opinion, better in all aspects than a high time pilot. I have also had high time pilots that I knew were good pilots but when it came to a check ride, choked - plain and simple.

Possibly of more concern would be the check pilot that knowing the foreign worker may work for less or not be inclined to speak up over issues of safety, for instance, for fear of being punted out of the country, overlooks the flying ability for monetary gain for the company.

• Like 2

Tree Top....why would you think it strange I would be commenting?

I work contract for EAC, still log on occasion when needed, hold a C.P. position for a small company in YNJ, I do consulting and COM applications, crew placement for a couple of recruiting firms, manage and fly a private owners aircraft, and still instruct up at Chinook in YXX....I am still very (very) active in our Canadian industry, at least in western part of Canada.

I feel reasonably qualified to comment......perhaps you think otherwise?

Helilog I appreciate your cover letter describing such an illustrious career you've had but I really wasn't interested. What I am interested in is what you stand up for when it comes to our industry. See I too fly all over Canada including the west, oh and did I mention I too have a great deal of experience under my not so inflated belt. It's not for me to judge as to your qualifications unless of course I was giving U a check ride (see I do them things two) . All I would expect from a born and bread Canadian chopper pilot who apparently still makes a living here in Canada is to stand up for your fellow Canadians when their being F _ _ _ _ D by an issue being brought forward with regards to foreign workers taking their jobs. I'd be curious as to how many foreign workers you've had placed seeing as U work for recruiting firms.

I going to assume if your instructing for Chinook it's mostly Canadians or is it mostly all foreign students.

Helilog as a Canadian chopper pilot that works and fly's here at home in Canada and only CANADA I believe in standing up for what affects my aviation industry and foreign workers DO! . So do what you please and I'll continue to support the fight to have foreign workers stopped. See I'm feeling pretty comfortable I'm qualified..............perhaps you think otherwise?

• Like 1